50

Ouch! That was rude. I still felt that he shouldn't have yelled at his brother like that. I wasn't complaining though. My man was back.

Zion finally turns to look at me. An emotion passed through his face but tried hard to mask it. I knew something was wrong, something happened while I fainted and I needed to know. I crave an answer badly.

Zion held my hand " Wasn't I enough for you? Did you need to go after my brother? I was just out for two days only to come back and see you all happy with my brother, for goodness sake Ella."

I was angry. What does he mean by that? I snapped out my hand from his hold " You don't get to talk to me like that. You don't own me. I can do as I please"

" of course I own you" he gritted out " As far as you are staying in this pack, you belong to me, Ella. You're my property"

I snorted " I'm not your property Zion. You can't treat me like trash all the time. You promised to love me but you are making it hard for me to believe you anymore. Since I woke up from that bed, you've been acting so strange that I'm beginning to get worried. Please tell me the truth "

He swallowed " Nothing   Can we go in now?"

I didn't want to argue anymore so I made my way to the palace. I have a lot I need to ask him but he seems to not want to answer any of it.

I led the way and he followed closely behind me. Just when we entered that living room, Luna and Sandra were sitting discussing away. Sandra got up and ran to hug Zion.

" You're back!"

I was so pissed that I couldn't hide my anger. It was written all over me. Zion saw my pissed face so he tried releasing her hold on him but she held on tightly. I grew tired of watching them so I sauntered upstairs to my room.

****

I made sure I banged the door, hopefully, it come off the wall. Joking, but I wish it did. How can they be so cozy in front of me? Don't I deserve some self-respect? Of course, I know Sandra knew Zion before me but she also knew that I was his mate.

A side hug was better not the chest chest. I groaned so loud. I picked up my throw pillow and threw it across the room. Just in time, the door got open and Zion caught it.

" Calm down Princess" He smirked.

" Don't call me that " I glared at him.

" What did I do again?"

I gave him a look " Are you seriously asking me that? You must be a joke then"

Zion grinned so wide making me more annoyed " Stop smiling. Can't you see I'm being serious over here?"

" I sense some ounce of jealousy. Is someone jealous?" He teased.

" I hate you right now " I pouted then sat on the couch " Why do you always make me feel like this? I hate seeing you two together more or less hugging each other. That girl needs to be taught a lesson"

" What kind of lesson" I didn't realize he was now sitting beside me. Zion held my fave " Tell me "

My breath caught in my throat because of how close we were. I couldn't breathe normally. His beautiful face haunts me, those plumpy lips I so want to kiss badly. Zion knew what he was doing. He knows he affects me a lot and he didn't mind taunting me.

" I'm listening. Should I tell her to stop hugging me or better still I should send her packing?" He said but his eyes glittered with mischief. I knew he was playing games with me.

I cock a brow " Same as you did to Xander. I think it's high time I start doing that to her too, don't you think so?"

He pushed away from me " Why must you call his name "

." Same as you did with Sandra " I folded my arms challenging

" You're too stubborn."

" Same with you" I retorted

" Can't I spend a nice time with my woman? Does  this always have to happen all the time?" He asked already frustrated

" you started this the moment you hugged her. I hate to see you close to her "

" Same as I hate to see you close to my brother too"

You leave me no option" I said.

He sat down back " I'm sorry. I know this started the moment I left the hospital without coming back"

I was glad to be agreed to his fault.

He held my hand and kissed the palm " I'm sorry"

I couldn't hide the bulbs anymore. He was just too sweet for his own good.

" I had something urgent that came up, that's why I left in haste" he explained

" But you should have explained to me"

" I know and I am sorry"

I rolled my eyes " Why are you being too cheesy all of a sudden"

" Wow, now I'm being cheesy" he held a surprised face " I want to be right for my woman and you call that cheesy?"

My heart melted when he refers me as his woman. Gush, what is this doing to my heart these days?

" I guess I don't know you at all then," I said feeling shy.

Zion raised my face to meet his "You'll always be my woman Ella. Believe me when I say you belong to me forever. I love you"

My heart. That tingling feeling again. I'm going to burst out with different emotions right now but a good emotion.

" Zion" came out as a whisper.

" Shush! You don't have to say anything. I know my mood swing makes you think a lot and I know I can be unbearable at times but always remember that I love you and will always love you" he said.

Why do I feel that something was about to happen? I feel as if this was more like a goodbye or something. Or is it just my imagination?