41

Third-person pov

Alex rushed into the house. After receiving that call from Stella, his mind wasn't settled. Zion needs to know about it fast. This attack must have been done by people who knew about Ella being Zion's mate. He may be wrong but it's best to think of a solution as fast as they can.

He met Stella gisting away with his sisters. The ladies turn to him upon hearing him clear his throat. Stella got up instantly. Her eyes raked his body and she did appreciate his looks. Alex will always be every girl's dream, that's her greatest fear of him. She is a jealous type of person and Alex doesn't keep to his pants. This was one of the reasons why she always gave him a hard time.

" You're here," she said. The smirk on his face gave it away and he caught her staring. He winked. His sister chuckled at the action and then excused herself.

" Let's go to my office," he said and she followed suit.

Stella closed the door behind her. They took their seat.

" What do you think we should do?" Stella asked going straight to the point.

Alex exhaled loudly " First we need to tell Zion. I think he'll know what to do. This is just strange. No one saw it coming "

Stella agreed with him " I'm with you. "

" Do you think they have any enemy?"

She thought about it for some seconds " I don't think so. All we know is she doesn't know that her father is alive. All her life she thought her father was dead.

" Imagine my surprise too when she identified him as her father. Funny enough I never thought a picture would turn into something big. This possibly means she has a wolf gene. Not just any kind of wolf but a Lycan" he said.

Stella was thoughtful " What I'm confused about right now is, whether her mom is also a wolf or not. However, since I knew her, she never showed any sign that she was a wolf. There are things we still need to find concerning this matter."

A maid came in with a glass of juice. She bowed " Miss Alicia told me to bring this "

" Go ahead and serve " Alex ordered and she did as told...

The maid left immediately after she was done serving.

Stella picked up her cup of juice and drank from it. She loved the freshly squeezed orange juice.

" So tell me something, Stella-"

Stella raised a brow at him " What is it?"

" We haven't talked about what happened" he trailed off.

Stella groaned.  She wasn't ready for this confrontation" I thought we said we'll never talk about any of these things. "

" But I'm tired of keeping it. I need to talk about this. You and I both know that we feel something for each other but why are you always trying to make it look as if I'm the only one having the feeling " he said in annoyance.

Stella scoffed " I don't have feelings for you Alex so stop building up ideas in your head "

" Don't even go there. We both know that what we had is real. We have both been rejected by our mates so why can't we just give ourselves a chance?  You want this and I also want this too"

" Stop it, Alex. Stop saying that " she yelled

" The truth always hurts I know " He got up and came to stand right where she was sitting. Alex bent down to her level " Stella, I'm tired of always hiding the truth, I'm tired of always coming to you when I need help. I want to always be around you anytime I want.  I want to hold you close to me. I want to show the world that you are mine " he said quietly.

Stella pushed her seat a few meters away from him " Just stop it. Need I remind you that my mate died? He didn't reject me "

" So what? We are both single "

" Whereas your mate is still alive and can always come knocking at your door to have you back. We both know that a pull between two mates is stronger than anything " She said

Alex frowned " I'm a man of my word. I don't go back on my word. Yes, she rejected me because she has someone she loves. She'll never come back and even if she comes back, I'm never going to take her back because my heart belongs to you and you alone Stella. People are beginning to notice so why don't we give them a show "

" Just stop this absurdity. We should just keep it mutual. I'm not ready for any headache. My heart is tired of wondering all the time and being with someone like you is going to be a headache for me and I'm not ready for that "

He looked irritated " Someone like me? When will all of you stop judging? I'm tired of always hearing that word. I have feelings too, I also have a heart. I feel pain right here too" he placed his hand on his chest " Stop trying to label me as someone I'm not. I won't break your heart "

" I'm scared" She whispered.

" Please don't be " He held her hands behind a little to meet her eyes " You have nothing to be scared about. If you are still worried about my mate then you need to calm down. I don't do the second choice and you know that. My heart and wolf want to be with you and you alone. I don't know how to explain this feeling I have for you. Yes, I might seem stubborn at times but I'm ready to change for you. I want to be the good man you want. I want to be your kind of man " he said desperately.

Stella looks him in the eyes. They always say the eyes speak the truth and she saw the sincerity in his eyes. They look hopeful and desperate for her. Her heart yearns for him too. She always submits to him any time he holds her. This isn't right. The way her heart kept beating.

Alex waited desperately for her answer.

Stella gave him a long "Okay"

A smile broke his face " Are you for real?!"

She nodded happily " Yes"

He hugged her so tight while kneeling " I promise you'll never regret this "

" I hope so "