• F O R T Y - T W O •

Beginne am Anfang

"Don't say that, Marcel, you know me! Remember me, Lucy? Your wife? But how are you here? You went off three years ago!" The name Marcel seems so familiar to me, like its a name that's been whispering in my ear for a while now.

"I have a twin brother named Marcel, but we were separated at birth. I still don't know where he is."

It's all starting to make sense to me.

________________________

H A R R Y

Marcel.

Marcel.

Marcel Edward Styles?

If this Lucy woman is talking about him, thinking that I'm him, then he's not far. I'm so close to finding my twin brother, I just need to see his face. I just need to know that there's another person with my mum's blood running through their veins.

Our mum's.

The least information I found about him was from King Ivan who went out to do a little digging into the past. The least they could find was that Anne Cox gave birth to Harry Edward Styles and Marcel Edward Styles both on February 1st, 1993. After that, there was no trace of Marcel, whoever he is and wherever he is. I just need to find out for sure if this is the right Marcel.

"Prove it! Prove to me that you're my wife. What's your last name?" I ask the smartest question I could, to find out if this is my brother's wife or not.

Lucy's face turns red as I steal a glance at Caroline. She doesn't seem as upset as before, I've mentioned Marcel to her before. We're probably on the same team here. "My name is Lucaphene Renetta Fisher Styles!" Lucy says and my lips curl into a smile, my eyes brimming with joyful tears at the last word.

She pulls out her wallet. "Look, this is you, me and our lovely four year old daughter...Darcy Renetta Styles." My lips part in shock as I look at the people in the photo; Lucy, then my brother. He looks just like me; expect his hair is slick back and he wears large framed glasses. My eyes trail to the little girl he's holding, who looks about one years old. She has brown curls and vibrant green eyes.

And for sure, it's the little girl that visited Caroline with her friends. The one that chooses bananas over candy bars...it must simply be genetics.

"Caroline, you gotta see this. Come here." I tell her, and she walks over to me, not amused at all. But when she sees the picture, a gasp escapes from her lips.

"Harry, that's Darcy! You know, the Darcy. Our Darcy." She exclaims, looking at Lucy with wide eyes.

"His name is Marcel, not Harry. And Darcy's not your Darcy she's my Darcy." Lucy says, dropping the wallet and holding her head. "God, this is not possible. Why are you here, Marcel? You just told me to promise to take care of Darcy and left." She says, falling limply to the ground.

I kneel down beside her. "I'm not the Marcel Styles you think I am. I'm Harry Styles, his brother." I explain to her as Caroline sits down as well. Lucy shakes her head with wild eyes.

"That's not possible, you look like him. Unless you're twins, that is." She says and I reach into my pocket and pull out my drivers license, showing it to her.

"See, my name is Harry Styles, born on February 1st 1993, that's when Marcel was born also, right?" I ask and she nods, her eyes watering up. Caroline holds her in a comforting manner, rubbing her back as her eyes are glued on my license.

"This is crazy." She laughs in hysteria. "Nice way to meet your sister-in-law, yeah?" I nod, smiling weakly.

"So..." I begin, unable to contain the temptation of asking. "Where's my brother? Is there anyway I can see him?"

Her smile fades into a quivering frown. Caroline and I look at each other with confused looks. "It's not possible." Lucy whispers, her eyes tearing up but blinks them away quickly.

"Why?"

Her next words leave us both wanting to know more in an instant. "Come with me, you two."

•~•

For the first time in forever, I feel like my heart is really beating again. Not just living for the sake of it, but for finding a life; with people to actually call family. There's Caroline of course, Mother Queen from the start, Lucy now, to my surprise, a niece named Darcy and my brother, Marcel. I'm just so damn needy to find out if he knows I even exist.

Lucy trembles as she takes us behind the plaza where the small unit we're in is. To my surprise, it's all lush green land; not like the dark, ghetto area we came to know it as. "That's where my daughter and I live." Lucy says, pointing to a small house resting on flat land. Caroline and I continue to follow her farther and farther until Lucy stops at a beautiful garden; scattered with rows and rows of colourful tulips and daisies and whatnot.

The only thing that's not colourful is the grey tombstone that rests in the centre, a white wreath resting on top. My face falls when I read the words.

R.I.P
MARCEL EDWARD STYLES
1993-2012

Tears start to burn in my eyes. My brother is dead, along with my mother. I can't believe I never really took the time to go out and find him. I was too selfish, thinking about my own miserable life all these years. Now, I can't comfort him, I can't listen to his stories, I can't do brotherly things with him...

He's dead.

Before I know it, I'm full on sobbing. Burying my face in my hands, my shoulders shake as I bite into my hand to stop myself from crying. But no, I don't care if Caroline and my sister-in-law are watching. I can't live with the fact that I never cared about the fact that I had a twin brother.

Now that he's gone, I realize how much I miss him. Even though, I never knew him at all.

Caroline is silent, but she holds me by the shoulders, tears streaming down her face as well. "I'm so sorry." She whispers.

"I'm sorry Marcel, I'm so sorry I couldn't be there when you passed. Mum's gone, now you too? It's funny how I shed tears over a person I've never met before. But something inside here..." I pat my heart, falling to my knees beside the stone. "...tells me that you were special, one of a kind. I just want to say I'm proud to say that you're my brother. I bet you were an incredible friend, husband, father and lastly...I bet you would have been an incredible brother to me." My tears down seem to stop; I just wish I could turn back time to see him once.

"How did this happen?" I ask Lucy, my nose blotchy and red. She doesn't cry like us though. I can tell she drained all the tears from her body three years ago.

"Let's talk about this inside, shall we?" She asks and I nod, Caroline taking my hand and nodding firmly at me with a look I've seen people give me all my life.

Everything is going to be alright.