CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: I'M NOT RUNNING.

I've been feeling all weird since the day I talked to Miller. I could tell that Marcelo notices my change but my mind was filled with so much that I couldn't care less.
Even Aisha and Leo tells me my mind is always elsewhere. Leo seems to be keeping a keen eye on me and asking me weird questions about my relationship with Marcelo but what is more weird is Marcelo's involvement with his family.

According to the internet, Marcelo although born with a silver spoon in his mouth started his own business empire and is regarded as a business prodigy. His father comes from a line of powerful and wealthy family but it didn't butress on the point.
Marcelo was cruelly raised my his grandfather but according to the internet he was raised by his parents. The media talks so little about his grandfather other than some old articles about his achievement in the business industry and regarded as one of the most revered man in America and Europe.

Marcelo has no other siblings as he is an only child and as far as I know I don't think he has any friends meaning all the things I've gathered about Marcelo is nothing, just nothing.

I kept on scrolling through articles and articles about Marcelo. They all talk about the ruthless business man who make deals without blinking, a strict man who has dark rumors surrounding him but they just made him sound like a novel character, it talks about a successful man and nothing else.

"You should just ask me?"

"Arrghhh!!!" I let out a scream as I tried to jump of the stood that stood at the front of the kitchen island but a hand held my waist keeping me in place.

He came closer, pressing my back to his front as he slid his fingers across the mouse pad of my laptop. He was so close I could feel his breath fanning my ears.
I tried to turn my laptop away from him but the growl that erupted from his chest in disapproval made me stiffen in fear and release my hold on my laptop.

"M-marcelo what are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing" his voice was low but I can clearly hear the anger in his voice.

His hold on my waist tightens, the only source of light was my laptop screen, the other parts of the house was covered my the shadows.

"I-i-i-...I just-" I stuttered trying to look for a way to explain myself.

"Miller must have gotten to you" his voice deepened when he said Miller's name.

My eyes widen at the fact that he knows about that and fear gripped my heart.

"Are you going to take his offer, are you going to run from me...you promised to fall in love with me , didn't you?"

"I didn't say I was going to accept his offer" I said sternly.

" But that doesn't make what he said about you a lie... So I'm going to ask you. Is Miller right?"

The stool was suddenly turn and now I'm facing him, the light from the screen cast a shadow on his face only part if his face was visible.

"It is" he said looking at my eyes.

My heart raced but I found a way to steady myself, not going to spiral out.

"You are dangerous?"

"I never said I wasn't"

I let out a chuckle at his straight forwardness. Marcelo doesn't mince words, I know that much but I can't figure out what I find so funny about this.
Marcelo raised his brows at me but I just ignore it.

"Should I run away from you Marceis time I look straight into his eyes like he did mine.

I tried to figure out a single emotion but that seems difficult as I could see so much things and understand do little.

"You should" his voice hard and cold.
But I could feel how he tightened his hold on my waist.

All my mind is telling me that I should run. He is bad news, that's what he was, but my heart and head were telling me different things. And fir the first time I acknowledge internally that my heart was also involved.

You are in dip shit Sue
My inner self mocked.

"Will you let me?" My voice has reduced itself it felt like a wispher.

He didn't say anything this time but I could feel his body stiffen against mine and his hold became tighter.

"Will you Marcelo?" I ask again, this time my voice stern.

"I told you Vixen, this isn't temporary" he growled.

"So you won't let me go?" I ask for confirmation.

What the hell is she up to.
I could hear my innerselves mumble.

"I can't" he says.

I look in his eyes. I've always loved the unique shades of his eyes. It was sometimes grey and could he mistaken for hazel with a shade of blue or green.
I don't know what the hell I'm doing, neither have I figured anything out but...
I raise my hand and wrap it around him pulling him to me in a hug. He didn't return it but I wasn't expecting him to.

"I'm not planning on running... for now" I wisphered before nuzzling my head in his chest.

I felt a strong arm around me and i realized he was hugging me back.
I closed my eyes inhaling his scent, closing my eyes and shunning everything else.

I haven't figured anything out but this... this moment was what I wanted right now. A moment in this moment.

************
THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Are you sure she is going to leave him alone" the older man sitting behind the huge desk asks.

"It's in process but she is a human with the desire to survive, I'm sure I'll get through to her" the younger man assured.

"If I have to do this by force I will but I'll rather not be on my grandson's bad side" the older man said.

"I understand sir " the younger man nodded.

"Good... I'm expecting a good result Miller"

"Of course sir"
Miller nodded his head in affirmation before taking his leave.

😮😯😲😳😱😱😱 MILLER?

HELLO...I AM CHRISTY 🤖🤖(imagine me doing it in Baymax voice)

I told you I'll update three chapters at once... Do you believe me now 🙂.

I'll continue updating as I also want to finish writing this book and publish my next one: MY HUSBAND HAS A GUN.😯😻🥰🤩

DON'T DO TO FOLLOW FOLLOW ME🚶🚶🚶
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE👌👌👌👌
DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT 🧐🤔✍️✍️✍️✍️

LOVE YOU GUYS...🥰🤩😘😻

BYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤗🤩😘😻