CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN:I THINK I WANT YOU TOO.

SUSAN'S POV.

Thanksgiving dinner was not as horrible as I'd imagined it to be but I still can't condone my hypocritic uncles. I don't hate them but I do dislike some of them. I wonder if it'll be different if dad had a sister.

Everyone is almost gone. Some have gone to their houses that's not good far away and others are staying at the local inn while aunt Mariel is actually staying in the guest room Marcelo was reluctantly staying in. Now his things are in my room but dad was doesn't know that. I'm afraid he'll tell him to sleep in the living room or garage.

"We don't have a lot of leftovers." I sighed as I continued packing what was left of the thanksgiving feast.

"Didn't expect it. Those people are beasts." Sam referred to our family.

"They are our family." I pointed out the obvious.

"Well they gobbled everything up. Was really hoping for leftovers." Sam grumbingly complained while taking the plastic container in the fridge.

"Wait...is that why you were taking excessive groceries because of leftovers?"

Sam just shurgged his shoulders, dismissing my question. I raised my brows giving him the look.

"What?" His voice grew high-pitched and I could see he was ready to defend himself.

"I don't like cooking alright? And I was hoping the leftovers would last at least four to five days."

Now I can't get help but pout my lips a little.

"You've become busy. It's rare to taste your cooking anymore." His voice lowered and sounded like he was going to cry at any moment.

"You do know that I'll make something for you guys before I leave right?"

His far shot up to me immediately with a smile on his face.

"Of course." I confirmed.

"Good...oorrr-"he slurred his face looking like he was in a deep thought.

"I could tell Marcelo that we need a chef. He is one of the richest man in the world and he is completely smitten by you."

"Hey!" I yelled drawing him out of his ridiculously stupid thoughts.

"You would do no such thing."

"What. The guy offered to buy me a cat and according to him, I can ask first I anything I want." Sam continued seemingly adamant.

"If what you want is a broken leg, few cracked ribs, a fractured tailbone, them I can give that to you instead." I threatened taking a step towards him.

"Fine. I wasn't going to do that anyway." And with that he dashed away from the kitchen.

"You better not." I silently muttered even though I knew he couldn't hear me anymore as he was already in the living room doing god knows what.

************

I wrapped my hands around my upper body as the cold night air hit my body. I walked into the park before taking the narrow path that led to the back of the park and that led to a path that leads to the opening.

As I walked into the opening I could see Marcelo. His back was facing me as he stood at the edge of the cliff, his hands shoved into his backpocket.
I remember the first day I key Marcelo in this town. It was right here he came to me and I can remember how much I hated him then.

I know that he have sensed my presence. Marcelo is a man who takes note of his surroundings and is very alert. That puts him on edge a lot. It's like someone is always trying to hurt him and he has to be on guard. I hate it.