CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:A GOOD DATE

For one to love someone, we have to know them and a accept them after knowing all of their flaws and their lacks. Of course I knew that before since I hosted a date when I was still living with him...ugh, the horror.
For the past few weeks, I and Marcelo have been going on dates,of course he chose the venue which was always private and away from the public eyes and of course I'm not against it. Like every of our other dates Marcelo just sat there watching me talk about myself, while I was hoping he would at least answer one of my questions.
Marcelo was man of very few words, he hardly said things to anyone. Living with him I discovered that he believes that his actions is alot more louder than any man words. He was a very proud man with a ego as huge as ten men combined.
"...yep that was how pretty much my summer went" I ended my story there.
Somehow it didn't feel weird that I was the only one talking , I knew he would open up when and if he wants to.
"How many men have you dated?"
Well that question threw me off. First, it was like the second sentence he said since the beginning of the date and second the nature of the question but I wasn't going to pass out that opportunity, he finally talked that means he might keep talking.
"Uh...I'm not sure" I tried to think back.
His eye brow seemed to crease a little, like he didn't like anything that I just said.
I had to think, I never really had a boy friend.
"I never really had one"
For some reason his expression was different and like most of his other expressions, I never really understood them.

My answer brought back memories, those memories not the best. It wasn't like I didn't want to have a boyfriend, like all other girls I wanted a romantic partner in my teens but when you are a sixteen years old teenager and all you do was take care of yourself, your father and your brother it leaves very little time for you to think of somelse.
"Well I guess I almost had one... A lot of times but somehow it always didn't work out" I sighed as memories of guys leaving flooded my mind.
"Don't you know all these from the spying and the offensive digging you did about my past"
But like most times my question went ignored but instead he asked me another question.
"Why didn't it work out?"he looked curious and... interested.
"I just had other priorities. I had a young boy to take care off, a crippled father and myself. I guess I wasn't like other teenage girls. I had...well responsibilities"I said.
"No one wants a girl with baggages" I added remembering what one of my mates said about me.
I smiled at the memories. Sam fell ill and had to be taken to the hospital I had to get to the hospital and that was the last straw for I and Mat, Mat was one of the most wanted guys in school. He was the captain of the football team and you might be surprised by why he wanted me I too was at that time. I had missed all of Matt's games and this was his last game and everyone was so sure that he would lead the school team to victory but Sam had fallen very ill and I had missed it again. It was understandable that he couldn't deal with me anymore. He was a very popular guy in school, he wanted to show off his girl but I just couldn't be that girl.
I can remember numerous dates I had to cancel because I had more important things and one time I just stopped and focused on my priorities, to take care if my family.

**********************
Our date hasn't come to an end but we were done with eating,now we just stood at the roof of the building looking at the body of water that lay below us and the city lights beyond them.
It was peaceful and silent, no one talked. We were standing close to each other and I wasn't complaining I needed his warmth.
"Did you ever want to run away?" Marcelo asked out of the blue.
I knew what he was talking about, run away from my responsibilities.
"Yes" I answered.
A part of me was ashamed but I was a young girl. I was twelve years old when I was left with a six year old boy and a man who just lost his wife, his legs and his job and became obsessed with finding meaning in his life by trying to get his legs back.
There were times I wanted to run far away from it all. There were times I had been pushed to the end by my dad, there were times when Sam's whinny and crying was chocking the life out of me but I couldn't leave them. I didn't have the courage to walk away or rather I was too brave to stay.
"Thank you"I said to Marcelo.
He turned to be confused about why I thanked him when the date was not even over.
"For talking ... Even though it wasn't a lot, I'll take what I can get" I smiled at him before walking inside.
I turned around to see him still standing there.
"Come on let's go. It's a little cold" I ushered.
He turned around before walking towards me

******************

"Who is she?" The glooming dark voice asked.
"Susan Presley, Sir" the man in suit answered.
The unknown man looked at the picture in his hands. It was the image of a young girl...an innocent one. His mind went across ways to get rid of the girl.
He let out a thick wisp of smoke from his mouth. The thick Brown ciger stuck between his fingers. The smell of tobacco filling the air.
"Continue watching them" he ordered.
"Yes sir" the messanger replied.

"Good" .

I told you I'll update more than one chapter.🤩😍
Enjoy this episode.
Don't forget to comment and vote.
OHH...and follow me on Wattpad.
Stay healthy stay safe 🤩😍
AND HAPPY NEW MONTH 🎉🤩