CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: I DARE YOU TO LOVE ME 1

Susan watched Marcelo's every move and as he took control of the entire date. Susan was sure she would manipulate the date to her own comfort but turns out anywhere Marcelo is he is in charge. Susan is determined not to show the intimidating man before her any sign of weakness. She won't waver or falter. She raised her head up and squared her shoulders as a sign of strength which just seemed adorable to the man sitting in front of her.
"So what is your favorite color?" Susan decided to take charge of the evening.
"I don't have one" Susan thought he was going to ignore her question but since he answered she wasn't satisfied with his answer.
" Well I think it's black. Cause that's all you ever wear" Susan countered.
Marcelo raised his brow at the woman who voiced her opinion of him with such little fear. She looked so much like Star now (you guys remember star the scene where he and Susan met for the first time but she was drunk).
She talked with so little fear of him but this measely girl wouldn't shake him. She did once or maybe twice but Marcelo wouldn't admit it to himself.
"What's your favorite food?"
Marcelo couldn't take this questions anymore. It felt normal and normal to him felt weird. He didn't know normal.
" What's with all this stupid questions?" Susan was taken aback by his cold and harsh question.
She also didn't know why she was asking such flimsy question. She wanted to know him not buy him a birthday present or throw him a birthday party. She just wanted to lighten the mood.
Susan remembered that nothing his light around Marcelo.
" Fine. Tell me about you. Who are you Marcelo King?"
"Every man's nightmare"
Susan was taken aback by his straight answer. He seems so sure. Susan could feel the air thinken. The answer caused her to shake in fear. She decided to shake it off.
"Well that was cliche" she teased.
But Susan felt it was. He isn't a villian in a superhero movie, although he acted like one and all his characteristics and features points to him being the next Lex Luther.
Stinkingly rich check, manipulative and conniving check, sociopathic tendencies check, mass murderer vibe check, very powerful and influential check, intimidating, egostical, psychotic... Check check and check. Ok... maybe he's not being cliche' Susan's inner voice said.
Susan decides to shake it off and dismissed the weird feeling his answers just gave her. Susan's feeling that he was holding back on her and tonight, Susan didn't want anything to be held back. She wants to know him.
" I want to know you" she demanded adamantly.
" You can't" he dead panned.
"Why?" Susan wasn't willing to let this go.
" You can't unlearn anything you learn about me"
A part of Susan wanted to let this go but tonight something felt different for her. This wasn't about getting out anymore this was about knowing who he was. Susan decided to lockdown her fear.
"I'm not afraid" She wasn't now, she won't be anymore. She was tired of being scared of her boss who took a wired interest in her and had her trapped with him.
Marcelo could see the strong determination in her eyes, she really wasn't going to back down. She had this strong, unweavering look. Marcelo knew she would run for the hills of she knows him and for some reason he didn't want that but he wouldn't admit it to himself or rather he couldn't identify the feeling.
She should runaway from him and that is what he was determined to do.
If she wants to know the devil then she will.
They were both staring at each other without either backing out.
"Fine, try not to run away" and with that he stood up from his chair.

**************************
All Susan could see was tress, they've been driving for over two hours neither said anything to each other. They had nothing to say to each other but that's what they thought. They had a million things they wanted to say to each other.
After about fourty five minutes they reached an abandoned estate. They drove through the half opened rusty black gates that were wide enough for the car to pass through.
They drove up the estate drive way. It gave Susan a really creepy feeling. To her the house was straight out of an horror movie. She was determined to keep her cool even when inside she felt too calm. Insanely calm like one before a storm.
Marcelo got out of the car and walked up to the huge stairs that led to the front door of the mansion. Susan rushed out of the car behind him, following him closely.
The house was huge. Big chandeliers hung on the great ceiling but was covered in dust and webs but Susan could see the beauty and magnificence of the chandeliers even with its present state.
They walked through the great Hall before going to a very secluded creepy part that led to an underground stairs.
Hell no!. Not again. Not another creepy stairs. The last time I went down one didn't go so well. Susan said to herself. She swallowed the brewing fear and closely followed him as his legs were long and he walks insanely fast compared to how Susan's tiny legs can take her.
At the end of the stairs were to doors few feets apart from each other. Marcelo stood infornt of the first door. He turned to look at the fragile lady who stood waiting to know what lies behind those doors. Marcelo didn't know what he was feeling at that moment but it was pity but he doesn't know what pity feels like he hasn't experienced one before.
Susan wasn't sure what lies behind and a part of her knew that she wouldn't be able to unsee and unlearn what was going to happen but she wasn't going to back out now.
Marcelo seeing the defiance and determination on her face decided it would be fun to watch that look falter, weaver then break as she runs for the hills.
He pushed open the small metal door. Behind the cold metal door was a tiny room. The walls were black. It had no window and the only source of light was a tiny bulb that was already covered in cobwebs. There were chains attached to the wall . The walls had small scratch and writings like it was carved by a sharp metal point there were things that looked like drawings also carved out delicately but poorly on the cold wall.
At the corner of the room was a tiny bed held by a metal stand that looked like it would fall apart any minutes and at the other corner was a metal table and chair. The sight before susan looked and felt so horrible. It looked like a prisoner had lived here.
" Wh-where are we? Susan tried to sound strong but she couldn't.
"This was my world for fourteen years"
Susan couldn't believe what she was hearing. She couldn't believe that he lived here. She didn't know how that was possible.
Marcelo ignored Susan's shaking form and headed out of the room and towards the other door. Susan slowly followed behind.
She couldn't imagine the sight before her. At the center of the room Racine a big old television was a metal chair. It had metal restrains on the arm and at the foot of the chair. One of the walls were covered in whips, belt and other tools that looked like stuffs from the fifty shades of grey red room.
The other wall had test tubes and other lab equipment arranged on a shelf.
" This is my punishment room"
Susan didn't realize when one of the tears that were gathering in her eyes fell and rolled down her cheeks.
" You wanted to know who I am. You should first see my home... This is was my home" Marcelo said looking around the room he grew up in with disdain and hate. His fist clenched so tight his nails dug into his palm.
"Who?" Susan growled out with so much anger .
Marcelo was taken aback by the tone coming form the little woman next to him, he turned around to look at her.
Her eyes were filled with tears, her smooth face moist because of the tears that had rolled down them. Her tiny fist were clenched so tight. Her jaw clenched as she said her words in-between her teeth.
Marcelo didn't know what to feel at this point. The woman beside him isn't shaking with fear but...anger?.
He expected her to run for the hills. But here she was angry at a man very powerful.
"My grand father".
Susan was filled with so much sadeness, so much anger. She felt a bile raising in her throat. She ran out of the room immediately not waiting to stay in the room. It felt so suffocating.
Marcelo watched as Susan ran out of room. He expected it but he felt so weird about it. A part of him thought she was going to stay.
Following her outside he watched as she dumped out all the content in her stomach.
After she was done puking out every thing she ate this morning and for lunch. Susan just stood there, her back facing Marcelo. The moon that earlier tonight shone on a romantic setting, now shone on too individuals so different yet their heart ached for the same reason .
Susan slowly turned to the man standing before her. Now she understood him. Why a person hated love so much. Why he stood here so twisted and broken.
Marcelo couldn't understand the look in Susan's eyes but it surely wasn't what he expected.
She was angry for him, she was sad for him. The tears that flowed down her faces was in disdain of what was done to him. No one had ever cried for him before. No one had ever looked at him like that before. No one was ever angry at someone for him and it felt so new , so strange, so different.
Marcelo had opened those doors with the intent to break her and let her run in fear but here she was looking at him standing few feets away from him. The slight breeze carried few tendrils hair to her face but she didn't bother brushing it aside.
In a second Marcelo felt a tug, he looked down and hugging his torso was the girl who stood before him few seconds ago. She pulled away after a few heavy seconds that felt like years as it felt like time stopped and ended so quickly to Marcelo. After a few seconds of holding his hand she pulled away, Marcelo for the first time couldn't move or react.
His mind went back to the day she promised to love him, how weird and strange and scary that sounded at that time. He doesn't know what love his never has. He had never been curious but now he was.
Susan walked slowly back to the car but she suddenly felt a pull by her arm . She turned around to see to that she was pulled into Marcelo. They were standing so close only few inches apart.
" Love me"
Susan thought she heard something wrong but she didn't.
Marcelo looked at how her eyes widen at his statement. He was also surprised but he wouldn't back out now.
Susan didn't know what to say or maybe she misheard. It had been a long night but it seems like she didn't.
"Love me Susan... I dare you to love me"
WHAT?!!!!

This is it guys...for now.
On scale of one to ten rate how intense🙁😕😱🔥 this chapter is.
I love to see your comments.
Stay healthy. Stay Safe 🥰😻