CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: ALEXANDER CAIN.

SUSAN'S POV.

I've been in this room for I don't know how long...buy it's seems like forever. I remember waking up with a throbbing head and a blurry vision before recounting what my best friend did they me.

I've been sitting in this decently decorated room trying to understand what was going on. Marcelo have a dark past...no, actually a dark and scary present. He is a dangerous man involved in a dangerous world and the fact that he is not just involve but is leading in this world is the more scarier.
I think a part of me have always known that one day or another his world would catch up with me. No one gets spared when they are involved with a devil but over the past few months I've started looking at Marcelo not like a devil but more like a fallen angel. Hurt, angry, broken, betrayed but underneath all the darkness, a light.

What I've yet to figure out is how Leo is involved with Marcelo.

Was Leo once like me?

Did Marcelo forcefully form a relationship with her too?

Thinking about it makes my head hurt more. That bitch hit me and it fucking hurts but what hurt more was the aching feeling in me. I felt... betrayed.

Marcelo had bodyguards around me and one who even shares the same apartment building how the hell did Leo take me to this unknown location without them knowing.

From the view in the window, I've discern that we are in the woods, more likely a cabin in the woods. This is how people die. Movies have said it all, people die this way. A cabin in the woods, a perfect killing spot.
Too bad the window had iron bars.

Ugh, what sorts of human being have iron bar window in their cabin?
Answer, someone with something to hide... Or rather to forcefully keep. Perfect example, me.

The sun was already going down. It is more likely a little to six o'clock. I'm hungry. At least give me some food if not for anything but for the sake of our past friendship.
She knows me well enough to know that I get hungry very easily. She could have brought some food.

As if thinking of her and food conjured her up. I could hear the sound of lock behind the door and the door handle slightly moving.
I stood to my feet immediately looking expectantly at the door. I have various plans and options.

One: lunge at the door immediately it opens catching said person off guard, even of it's Leo.
Effect: I succeed and successfully run away or the person is a good fighter and strike me down and leave me groaning in pain.

Two: I wait and access the situation and see who the person is before a course of action.
Effect: The person comes in to kill me or the person is Leo who is willing to explain everything.

Not much of a good options.

Oh my God, I'm going to die!

Don't overthink Sue . Just don't let your guard down.

I took in a deep breath as the door open revealing Leo with ba tray of mouth watering food and a soft apologetic look on her face.

I decided it felt safer to stand where I was but to stay alert.

"Susan" she called softly but awkwardly.

"Leo" I said back but with a snare.

"I brought you something. I should have brought it earlier but I just-. I just..." She looks like she didn't have something to say.

"-never mind that" she completed walking fully into the room.
She placed the food at the little table that sat adjacent to the bed.

"You must be hungry. You should eat something." She motioned towards the food.