CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: A COLD RAINING NIGHT.

Who doesn't love to fall asleep on a cold night wrapped in their blankets?. Well I do but for some reason tonight was an exception. I looked out the window to see the rain pouring heavily, that's it, I won't feel like going to work tomorrow. Although I sometimes love rainy nights, I hated raining days. It was uncomfortable and very bothersome especially when you forget to bring an umbrella.
I headed into the kitchen to grab a glass of warm milk, that should help me sleep, fingers crossed. I walked into the living room but before I could step into the kitchen area,I could sense a presence at the door. A chill ran down my spine.
I still, straining my ear to hear any footsteps and I did. I couldn't panic yet, it might be my neighbor.
Coming in on a rainy night at this hour?
Girl, that is a serial killer.
My paranoid inner thought said.
I looked through the peep hole to try to see anything in the hallway, what was in front of me was not that far off from what inner me said.
What was he doing here soaked from head to toe?.
I pulled away from the door, opening it.
He was drenched from head to toe, his black hair fallen to his face covering his eyes as the fell to they bridge of his nose. The front of my door was soaked with water that dripped from the edge of his coat and his suit pants. His face looking at his feet.
"Marcelo?" I immediately pulled him inside wondering what the hell was happening.
He must be really cold, especially since he was wet.
"Marcelo" He raised his head looking at me.
He looked.... Vulnerable. I have never seen Marcelo vulnerable, except the day he took me to where he was raised but today it was different. His eyes showed helplessness. Marcelo is a lot of things but helpless is certainly not one of them.
His fists were clenched and he just stood still looking at me and suddenly he pulled to him hugging me so tight. He buried his face in my neck.
I didn't know what to do all I could do was wrap my arms around him and patted is back slowly the comfort him, he looked like he really needed it.
I didn't attempt to pull away, we just stood there in each other's arms, the water on his clothes had already made mine wet but at this moment I didn't care and for some reason my heart clenched at the sight of him looking so weak, so sad. It looked like he was in pain and although the cold was already getting to me, I really didn't care.

After few minutes we pulled apart, I took his clothes and dried them after giving him some of Sam's cloth. Who knew that that idiot leaving the clothes from his phase when he was obsessed with clothes bigger than him would come in handy.
Sam unlike me is very tall and he has a very good build. His trousers were not Marcelo's size but it was better, but the big hoodie fitted enough.
I gave him a cup of hot tea and we just sat down, none of us talking. Well I wanted to talk but he didn't seem like he was in the mood to.

"Do you want to talk?" I just had to ask, it would be good if he did, cause I would also like to know what made him like this.
He just looked at me, his expression was enough indication that he didn't want to talk about it.
"That's fine, I'll just stay here" I assured him.
Now I was a little uncomfortable because he wouldn't just stop staring at me with this weird expression on his face that made my insides all tingling.
"Let's go to bed" I said standing up.
I turned around with see him still sitting there watching me. He looked confused. Letting out a sigh. I walked over to him pulling him to his feets by his hands, it's not like I could pull him up he did most of the work.
I led him to my bedroom, I motioned for him to get into the bed. He looked back at me like I was growing a second head.
"I'm not going to do anything" I said in a teasing voice.
I turned around to -
"Don't leave" I paused to look at him.
I wasn't going to leave him, I was just going to switch of the light.
I nodded giving him an assuring smile.
I got into the bed and did what I never thought I would do. I wrapped my arms around him.
"Don't leave" He said again.
It was like he was afraid that I'll just disappear.
" Go to sleep, I'll be right here when you wake up, I promise" . I wisphered.

Don't say it's cringy or cheesy.
I think it is just perfect.
Comment and let me hear your thoughts.
Don't forget to vote and follow me🙏
Bye!🤩😍