CHAPTER FOURTY: PERFECT HEIR.

SUSAN'S POV.

It's been a week since my encounter with leo. Well technically not an encounter, she kidnapped me but I'll like to think i am past that.
Marcelo have been a little different since he came back from his trip and he seems the know about my disappearance obviously from his bodyguards. I had explained it as a day with my bestie.

I don't think he believes me but so far I and leo are keeping in touch and she seems to be fine. I can't help but feel an unease. I think something is brewing and it feels like I'm caught in the middle of it all. I should just walk away but the thought of leaving Marcelo leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
I don't know if I'm inlove with him but I know I don't really hate him anymore.

My life is pretty much the same except that- I and Marcelo sleep in the same room.

*********

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Alexander senior thought about his grandson, not just his grandson but his Perfect creation, his perfect heir. When he gave birth to his son ,his son was weak and soft and foolish. He had immediately known that his son was not fit to protect his legacy. No matter how much Alexander trained him but when he had first met his grandson - his hazel eyes staring at him, unlike the other kids he wasn't intimidated not did he cower; his four year old grandson stood with his shoulders squared and eyes stern.

And after so many years he has become very powerful. Alexander Cain, even though he now bears the name Marcelo King is a reincarnation of him. He had broken him and built him back up. He had made the perfect King, he had ensured the continuation and protection of his legacy.
But he seemed to have overdone it. His grandson might be like him in many ways but he was also so much more than him in many ways and although he was proud of it, it also scares him.

A deep seed of hatered and contempt have been sown between them and although this seed helped him grow to become the man he had hoped him to be, it had also made him despise him.
There is one thing Alexander wants more and it was for him to continue his legacy, but he knows his grandson would rather go to hell than do it. But Alexander had a plan to solve this problem but now... Alexander has one more problem, a girl. A weak, fragile girl, a weakness. but in a place of problem Alexander also sees an opportunity.

If this girl really means so much to his grandson, then breaking him and bending him to his will would be a lot easier... or - it would be the final straw that breaks the dam between he and his grandson and the brewing war between them would finally happen and Alexander couldn't allow that.

*******

The room was silent and tense than usual. Miller felt for the first time out of place.
He looked up at his boss and like always he couldn't fully discern what was going on in his mind. His boss had changed but just around a particular person. Marcelo was still as deadly as he was before he took Susan.

Miller knew that he had a mission, a mission to bring Susan to Alexander but he knew it wouldn't be easy. He would most likely be torn to bits by Marcelo.
Miller had known from the beginning that working for both grandfather and grandson was a dangerous game but what Miller wanted cared for more than his loyalty to Marcelo was - survival.

The world is a cruel cold place where only the strong can survive but Miller knows that he isn't strong. He is not strong enough to survive in this cruel world so he had to hold on to the strong for his survival. The likes of Marcelo and his grandfather are the strong in this world and for him to survive, he has to hold on to them.

Note: Alexander is Marcelo's grandfather.

This chapter is not long and it is not meant to be. It is just to show the thought of Miller and most importantly introduce the grandfather.

Question: Do you think the grandfather is the real villian of this story or do you think there is someone else?

That's all.

Don't forget to
COMMENT 🧐🤔✍️
VOTE 👌
LIKE 👍 AND
FOLLOW 🚶🚶🚶🚶🚶