CHAPTER TWENTY- EIGHT: WEIRD TEMPORARY FASCINATION

Things between I and Marcelo was considerably good,not good good but compared to the past months this was way better, but for some reason Marcelo isn't the source of my worries,Leo is.

She's been acting kind of shady and suspicious this past few weeks. For some reason she hates the idea that I'm "going out" with Mr Marcelo. It is well known that my friends are sceptical about my "relationship" with the boss but I expected it. The rumors flying around about him were enough to scare the living hell out of any man and turns out most of them are true but only I know that.

Aisha asks about details about our date and me trying to be convincing I add little details that would convince anyone that I was in a mutual relationship with him. Leo asks me weird questions that would show that she didn't believe my relationship with him and no matter how much I try to convince her that I'm fine she seems to believe otherwise.

She keeps telling me about how dangerous he was and how most of the rumors about him was nothing close to what he actually his, but I knew that...how did she and now I have a feeling that Leo knows more about the boss than she was letting on.

Was she like me?. Was Marcelo also obsessed with her at one point. Leo have been working in King industries way before me. Did he also have some kind of weird fascination with her?

That thought gave me a weird feeling but it wasn't jealousy... is it?. No it isn't . Why will I be concerned if he had also treated other girls like me. If anything I should be angry that he would do such things and he angry at him for who he generally was.

I didn't understand any of it and Leo wouldn't answer my question and I can't keep contemplating and coming up with ideas, I needed to know the truth and if Leo wasn't going to tell me, I might as well ask another.

"Marcelo" I called his attention from his food to me.
He looked at me expecting me to tell him why I called him.
"H-Have you ever done this before?" I said motioning back and forth between us.
He looked like he didn't understand. I gluped down the rest of the wine in my glass, my other hand holding the fork that was playing with my food.
"You know... girls...l-like me?_Have you ever taken a weird temporary psychotic fascination with someone other than me?" I let out.
His expression shows that he didn't like the question one bit.
"Weird temporary psychotic fascination?" He asks, his jaw clenched.
So he didn't like my choice of words. Well that was what this was, a weird temporary psychotic fascination.
Suddenly he rose a little from his chair, then suddenly he pulled my chair around the table.
I was closer to him than ever, our faces were just few inches apart.
Well he didn't hide the fact that he was angry
Things were going great and you just had to spoil it, how will you get out this now?
I scolded myself.
"W-well maybe not P-psychotic?"
I stuttered looking for a chance to redeem myself.
The lot in his face shows he was not in the least pacified. But that is not what all this is, a weird temporary psychotic fascination with me.
I was suddenly angry and his anger and grew defensive of my vocabulary choice.
"That is what this is... All of this, there isn't another choice of words for it"
Yep you are dead sister!
"Temporary?" He asks, one of his brows raised up so high, I thought it was gonna move away from his face.
Ohhkayy...weird choice of words to be mad at.
"If that is what you've been thinking, then you are wrong." He growled out.
What he was trying to say was now sinking in my head. My eyes grew open like saucers.
"This" He looked between the both of us"isn't temporary love. You are stuck with me. If you think one day this will all be in the past, think again Sue.
You are in my life and I'm in yours for as long as we both exist" He added sweetly towards the end.
Then he suddenly stood up and headed out. I couldn't move or talk all I could think about was what he just said and the fact that a tiny part of me had known this didn't make me feel any better.
I felt a tinkle on the back of my wrist. Looking down to see what it was, it was a splash of water...tears. I didn't notice that I had tears streaming down my face.
"Mam" Turning around to see who the voice came from.
It was a woman in a waiter's uniform. Her face although neutral her eyes held pity, an emotion I knew and recognized very well.
She stretched her hand to give me an handkerchief.
"Mr Marcelo told me to give this to you and to tell you 'whenever you are ready'".
I dismissed the urge to refuse the hanky, but the girl was only doing her job and I needed a moment to myself.
Since he said whenever I'm ready, then I'll go whenever I'm ready.

Sorry for the short chapter guys
There is still a lot to come.
Don't forget to follow me on Wattpad and tell me about your thoughts on this chapter 🤔😍🤩
Stay healthy and stay safe 🤩😍🤩😍