CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT :AN ANGEL YOU DO NOT KNOW.

SUSAN'S POV.

"....-i did it. I'm the King of the world!"
I erupted into a fit of laughter and I could feel the muscles in my stomach aching from laughing too much.

Jack Perelta never fails to leave an impression and that is why Brooklyn nine nine is my favorite sitcom ever.

"Bing!" The sound of the door bell echoed in my apartment.

I looked down at the remote and decided against pausing it since they were at the intro of the episode anyway.
My mind did a quick scan to remember who might be coming to see me. It couldn't be Marcelo, he has some business to do and even if he was the one, he'll never have the basic decency to knock.

The man has absolutely zero regards for common courtesy. It couldn't be Sam. I've told him last time that if he comes to my house without calling first then I'll stuff his head in the toilet so it couldn't be him. It might be Leo or Aisha but those two never waste a weekend.

I stuffed my feets into the bunny slippers that laid at the foot of the couch before heading to the door. Checking through the peep hole, I'm a little surprised by who was standing out the door.

"Leo?"

I pushed open the door, my face a clear indication of my confusion. Leo has a tendency to only pop up unannounced once in a blue moon and the fact that she is alone only makes her appearance baffling but I shurg it off.
It's not weird for someone to come see their friend.

She pushed her way past me and into the sitting room. I closed the door immediately and followed her.

"Leo, what's wrong?"

The look on Leo's face was more baffling. She looks very troubled, her eyes has this fearful look and it felt like someone was after her.
Her eyes scan my apartment carefully and she looked at me with a bit of pity and irritation and annoyance.

"I told you to stay away from him" she let out through clenched teeth.

"What?" I walked further into my sitting room.

"I told you he is bad news instead he moves in with you?" She growled.

What she's talking about began to click. My eyes widen in realization that she knows about Marcelo.

"I wanted to talk to you about it but I knew how you would react. And besides it's not weird for couples to decide to live together" I said nonchalantly.

I don't want to raise any suspicion. A loud scoff escapes Leo's mouth as she gave me the'are you kidding look'.

"Cut the bull shit Susan. You guys aren't really a couple. He forced you into this relationship and you know it" She said as she ran her fingers through her short hair.

"I-i-i... H-How did you know?"

"Because I know who Marcelo King is. Who the real Marcelo King is."

"What? How?" I was bewildered.

The look in her eyes showed me that she isn't lying. Her eyes held that familiar fear that mine once had or still have.

She let out a frustrated sigh and she ran her hands through her hair again.

"You are not stuck with him Sue. I'll help you get away from him." Her voice sounded desperate.

She proceeded towards me trying to take a hold of my hands but I took a few steps back. I was confused.
She can't just barge into her house and tell her all this without an explanation.

"What are you talking about?"

"He won't let you leave Sue, he'll never let you leave. He has had this sick obsession with you from the moment he met you three years ago.
Come with me, I'll make sure he doesn't touch you"

"What do..-wait, what do you mean by three years ago?"

For some reason my heart raced in my chest and I could hear the sound of it beating loudly in my chest, I could hear the faint sound of captain Holt's voice in the background but I couldn't focus on a particular sound.

Leo seems to stop in her tracks and she looked like she said something she shouldn't have.

"Leo." I called. It was a demand. To know what the fuck was going on.

"Three years ago when you were newly promoted to our department and we all went on a business trip and after work we gathered for drinks. Well, you got drunk and spent some time with him. I don't know what you guys talked about but he got stuck on you."

"I don't remember." I really don't remember anything.

What the fuck happened three years ago and how was I so drunk I can't remember.

"I can get you out of this Susan" Leo urged .

Why does this sound awfully familiar?

I can swear I have heard that sentence before?
It's not deja Vu.....MILLER!

"What the fuck is this?"
I backed away slowly from her.

"Susan" she calls.

"Don't fucking Susan me! What is your real relationship with Marcelo?...LEO!"

"You've seen and heard who he is and what he can do. I'll protect your Dad and Sam. Let's go now Susan. I'll help you leave this hell"

Now it just look like she was trying awfully lot to convince me as I noticed how much she placed emphasis on certain words, she was balancing on both feet differently, she was jumpy, her eyes keep scanning my apartment and she keeps engine towards me.

"Who said I want to leave. And I can protect my family"

She looks shocked, like she can't believe I had said those words.

"Susan" it sounded like a warning.

"It seems that I don't know who you really are Leo. A devil you know is better than an Angel you do not know."

"Susan"

"I'm not going with you Leo. " I said sternly.

"Don't make me do this" she said with a pained voice as she headed towards me.

"What are -"

I could feel the hard hit on my head. My head slightly hurt but it felt like I couldn't really feel the pain as my face got heavy and my vision got blurry.

"Leo-" I tried to call but the word felt heavy as the world around me spinner and I could feel myself getting pulled into the abyss of Oblivion.

This is it.
A new update!

If you love sitcoms drop an emoji.
I hope you love this chapter.

VOTE 👌
COMMENT 🧐
FOLLOW ME 🚶🚶🚶

Byeeeee😘😻🤩🥰🤩