CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR: A BREAKING POINT.

SUSAN'S POV.

I don't know exactly how long I've been here but the longer I get the more nervous I am.Marcus is obviously feeling very nervous. He expects Marcelo to be at his wits end. His informant must have told him that I make Marcelo go bunkers. Well...no one can make Marcelo go bunkers. The guy was bunkers already.

Marcus tries to Lord over me. To him I was a throphy he had won over Marcelo. I was a prize and he loved showing me how much of a sociopathic liking he has to me. I guess I'll have to give credit to the grandfather who keeps raising psychotic men but Marcelo was different. He was my psychotic man.

I knew Marcus was feeling nervous since three days ago he called Marcelo and he tried to get me to talk to him but I stayed silent and mute even to my grunt. I leveled my breathing because I didn't want Marcelo to hear it and be worried.

And while Marcus yelled at me to talk and say something, I remained silent. While he smacked his backhand against my face I remained silent not even releasing a grunt which was very difficult because I wanted to cry a lot. My head ached and my eyes stung and my face felt heavy but I remained silent and so did Marcelo on the other side of the line.

Marcus wanted Marcelo to hear something from me so he'll become agitated and act irrational but I knew better than to give Marcus what he wanted.

Goodness how I wanted to hear his voice. His hard, demanding voice. Marcus was still mad about that day and I haven't seen him. He was probably somewhere plotting something against Marcelo.

The door to the bedroom burst open and I almost rolled my eyes at the sight of Marcus. When I first met him, I thought he was handsome. But now, he was probably the ugliest person I have ever seen in the world. His presence disgusted me. The sight of a desperate asshole was an ugly look.

"You Little Susan. You are coming with me" He motioned to me before coming to my side and pulling me up by my arm.

"What?"

He ignored my question and led me  out of the bedroom.

***********

No matter how much I asked him where we were going he just shunned me.

We arrived at a really big estate in a secluded area. The estate was even bigger than Marcelo's.

Marcus dragged me along with him until we reached a room.

The huge study was every bit of luxurious and expensive as it look even the air in the room was powerful and elegant.

"Father." Marcus called.

My eyes went to the huge dark oak leathered chair at the side of the study  that held am older man.
The man's face was cold and his eyes was distant and at the sight of Marcus shrinked I'm disgust and dissatisfaction.

The old man looked oddly familar and the title Marcus gave him would mean that he was the Alexander Cain. Marcelo's King grandfather. The man who tortured him into adulthood for the sake of making a well deserved successor.

His eyes widen in surprise as they shifted to me.

"What's she doing here?" He asked in a hard voice as he immediately sat up straight.

"I thought you would want to have the priviledge to meet the woman who turned your precious grandson weak." Marcus shoved me to the front and i sent a hard glare his way and to the old man in front of me.

Alexander stood up. His demeanor changed. He looked... anxious? Or nervous?

His eyes didn't depict alot bit I've sent a lot of time around Marcelo and even if I didn't want to admit it. There was a lot of similarities between Marcelo and his grandfather.