CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE: THANKSGIVING SHOPPING.

SUSAN'S POV.

I didn't think I'll ever be in a situation as tense as this. My father and Marcelo were glaring at each other across the table and the only thing I could do was use my fork to play with my food.
The tension was so thick that even a titanium knife could cut through it. Dad was being difficult and Marcelo is just being Marcelo.

"Wow, what an awkward breakfast." Sam voiced out his thoughts and ignored the hard glare I have him afterwards.

Sam was right.

Marcelo texted me all night. I wasn't complaining but he revealed that he couldn't sleep without me by his side which led to an avalanche of butterflies in my stomach.

"This is your fault Susan." Sam gave me a fake glare as he addressed the tense atmosphere again.

I turned to him, giving him the hardest glare I could muster.

Can't the guy just read the room and shut it.

"Moonshine." Dad called, still not taking his eyes off Marcelo.

I turned my attention away from Sam and his stupid grinning face to my dad.

"You should get ready to shop for Thanksgiving. We are going to be receiving visitors soon."

"Right." I agreed.

Normally thanksgiving was Dad , Sam and I. Sometimes my mom's sister and her family joins or sometimes my dad's brothers.

"How many people are coming?"

"Quite a few. They are all eager to meet your billionaire boyfriend." Dad emphasized on the billionaire part and his voice was laced with venom.

I don't need to ask how they know that. Sam was obviously the reason. I turned again and glared at Sam who just shurgged his shoulders at me with an innocent look on his face.

My brother is an idiot.

"Sam." I ordered.

He nodded his head. I don't think I need to tell him that he would be coming with me since that's what always happen.

Do you really want to leave your dad and Marcelo alone in the same house ?

Yeah...good point.

"Marcelo you're coming with us."

"He can stay here or are you afraid that I'll eat him before you get back?" Dad asks.

"No he can't and yes that is exactly what I'm afraid of." I said before standing up and taking my plate that was still half full into the kitchen.

I'm more afraid of what Marcelo might do.

I don't really think Marcelo will hurt my dad but Marcelo is so unpredictable and he is a man who loves things to go his way and does not tolerate disrespect.

"Sam get ready!" I shouted from the kitchen .

***********

I, Marcelo and Sam scanned the isle taking lots of ingredients and as expected the store was packed with townfolks who are also doing their thanksgiving shopping .

"Oh my good lord it's Susan!"

"You are right it is Susan!"

I cringed as I recognized the shrilling voice of Mary and her other group of friends.

Here we go.

"Good morning Mary, Jess, Mrs Donna, Mrs Harrington. I see you are also doing your Thanksgiving shopping." I said in the sweetest voice and with the widest smile.