CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE:APOLOGY ACCEPTED

After so much persuasion Aisha and Leo finally agreed to meet up for lunch. The cafe I sat was just a few walks from the company. I played with my fingers nervously waiting for them to show up.
What if they decided not to come.
I canceled the thought from my head. I'll just wait a little longer.
The door bell of the cafe rang notifying that someone was coming in and it rang again. Turning around my eyes met Leo's. I smiled at them but it wasn't reciprocated and that I understood.
"We should get this over with"Aisha said immediately she sat down.
I let out a heavy sigh, nodding my head in sign of agreement.
"I want to explain myself" I started.
"Explain that you shut us out after coming back from New York, suddenly dissapering and learning from Mr Miller that you were on a business trip and hearing from Sam that you are dating...THE BOSS!" Aisha yelled the last past a little earning us a few looks from the people from the other tables.
Yeah I had totally forgotten about that. How should I explain to them, how should I tell them that our boss is a bigger bad news that we thought. I knew about the boss's life and it ended me in trouble I can't do that to Leo and Aisha. Leo would get herself killed immediately , she was hot tempered and had no filter. Aisha would last for a few weeks before planning something stupid and getting herself in trouble, so I'll just go with a made up story no matter how much I wanted to tell them everything.
Yeah, and how will you explain your personal relationship with your boss.
my inner self mocked.
Yeah , how the hell am I gonna do that?
"I know I hid things from you guys and I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you guys about...a-about my relationship with Mr Marcelo , he wanted to keep it a secret" I decided to pin it on him, it's not like he'll care anyway.
"And things were a little complicated and I didn't want to have to lie to you guys so I avoided you guys instead... And I know that was stupid of me, very and I'm sorry" I looked at them with hopeful eyes hoping that they'll forgive me.
Leo just sat there. She didn't say anything she just kept staring at me which was a little weird, Leo always has something to say. She must be really mad at me then.
Aisha let out a sigh, she laid her arm on the table resting and learning forward.
" We've always known everything about you and now it seems like we don't anymore, you suddenly seem like a different person"
Aisha was right, I was an open book, I didn't have so much going on my life that wasn't already known. There were things I didn't know about Leo and Aisha they were a little complicated, Aisha comes from a very wealthy family and that would surely have its own drama and Leo seems to have a past she doesn't want to talk about, that has always been known to me.
I was their Sue, I was simple and uncomplicated. What I expected from life was so simple. I just wanted to take care of my family, provide for and protect them. It's of course what I want. They knew everything about my life and they could read me a thousand miles away which I'm hoping they won't right now because I'm so nervous about lying to them.
"I wanted to tell you guys, I really wish I could have told you guys but it was complicated and I didn't want to drag you guys in."
"Marcelo King is bad news, he is more than a bad news Sue he is extremely dangerous"Leo spoke up for the first time.
I was greatful because her silence was sort of freaking me out.
I know.
But I can't do anything about it , he have a weird amusement with me and I don't know how to change that.
"It's complicated guys... Can you give me some time I promise once it's settled I'll tell you guys everything. I promise".
We sat in silence for a few minutes. And I felt like I was going through an interview.
"We missed you Sue"Leo said.
My eyes widen in surprise and appreciation.
"I missed you guys too" I felt like I was going to cry any minute with how crooked my voice sounded.
After a few minutes we made our orders I was half way through my banana muffin when paranoia swept in.
"So you guys I've forgiven me?" I asked to be sure.
"Yeah... It's not like we could be mad at you for so long, we were more worried than mad" Aisha said and I was do relieved.
"But!" Leo started and in my breath.
"You are on probation, alright?" I nodded immediately taking whatever I can get. I'm just grateful I have them in my life.
I, Leo and Aisha spent the rest of our lunch talking but it wasn't quite like before but I understood it would take some time.
We also met up after work to our favorite dinner and we had dinner before going out own ways. Throughout the day I felt someone watching me and I knew I was him, he won't leave me alone.

******************************
I changed into a silk peach pyjamas short and a big oversized t-shirt with Alivn the Chipmunk face on it. I sat on my bed my leg crossed like I was about to have meditating session, my pillow carefully placed over it. My diary and my pen with me.
I know I have to work out a plan to get Marcelo away from me. Marcelo told me to love him, if I could manage to love him he would let me go and let go of his weird fascination of me.
Would he really let me go if I loved him?
Will a man who has been shown nothing but fear and pain let go of me when I try love me?
What was Miller reason for giving me that proposition in the first place?
None of this made sense.
Why does it feel like I'm in a movie and I'm the main character bound for a tragic ending?.
How do I love a billionaire psychopath.

******************************
"Why did he let her go?" Leo asked
She ran her hand through her short hair so many times it was already disheveled.
" I don't know they seem to have an agreement" Miller answered.
"What agreement?"
"I don't know"
"How, you know everything about that damned man." Leo said through clenched teeth. She was getting frustrated by the minute.
"He might have known-"Miller started before Leo cut him off.
"Known what?"

"About my proposal... I promised Susan I'll get her out if she loved him"

Leo just stood there, dumbfounded staring at her brother. She was unable move, she didn't know how to respond to that because it was the most ridiculous thing she have ever heard.
"W-what do you mean love him?" Leo was getting agitated and was a few threads away from knocking her brother out.
"Marcelo is broken and he is unwilling to fix himself even when he can, if Susan can make him willing -"

"No!" Leo shouted interrupting her brother.
"Nononononono... Whatever sick idea you've come up with you should not involve Sue."
"Love?. Marcelo is Sick, he's crazy and dangerous, what makes you think he'll love. You watch too many romcoms brother. Susan is not a sacrificial lamb and love surely doesn't work in that way.".

"No matter how much you deny in something happened between them three years ago and it changed him, for the first time Marcelo was careful and for the first time he actually cared what someone would think of him because of HER. He was raised and broken by a devil. His grandfather's influence won't leave him alone, unless he is ready to free himself of it and for a few days after he met her a part of that influence was gone , and for the two months she was with him I could actually see a change" Miller tried to convince his sister.

"You really are out of your mind brother, I guess working with a crazy man also made you crazy. Marcelo is a venom that eats anyone from the inside out and I won't make Sue the victim. Sue is not just anyone she is my best friend and a sister. I won't let anything happen to her, not on my watch. If you want something to help your conscience you should look for it elsewhere, you won't use Susan" Leo said before walking out of the room shutting the door hard behind her.

This is it guys.
Told you I'll update fast.🤗
Enjoy.🤩😍🥰