CHAPTER FORTY SIX: TO BE ACCEPTED.

SUSAN'S POV.

I watched as Marcelo chopped the vegetables with such elegance. His black V-neck cashmere sweater was rolled up to his elbows. His hair was fallen to his face and his face was hard with concentration.

Goodness he's hot.

"Wow, you lucky duck."A voice said out of nowhere pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned to glare at Sam whose attention was on Marcelo.

"Who would ever believe that Marcelo King one of the richest and powerful man in the country is in our kitchen chopping vegetables." He added.

Sam was right. And Sam didn't even know the real Marcelo. He doesn't know the cruel, ruthless and very scary side of him. I did which makes it more surreal that Marcelo was here helping me prepare thanksgiving dinner.

The door bell rang over and over and Sam raced out of the kitchen to get it.
I turned my attention back to the man in front of me.

"You should stop staring at me like that." marcelo suddenly spoke up startling me out of my daze.

I turned my eyes away.

"I wasn't staring at you." I lied before heading to the sink to wash my hand getting ready to start cooking.

I could hear the echoing voice of greetings in the living room and I immediately knew that my family was here yippy.

"Susan!" Standing in front of me was a middle aged woman. Her raven black hair was helps up in a bun and she looked as radiant as ever in her Royal blue knee length dress.

"Aunt Mariel." I called before racing towards her and pulling her into a big hug.

Auntie Mariel is my mom's older sister and one of the best people in the world. She was one of the people who helped me the most when mom died and woke dad up from his obsession.

"Oh my dear. I've missed you so much." Her voice broke. Aunt Mariel was an emotional woman, that was well-established. You don't want to be near her when she's angry.

"Me too." I said pulling away.

"You must be Marcelo King." She said as she pulled away from me and turned to Marcelo, walking towards him.
Marcelo was no longer shopping as he looked at the woman in front of him.

Marcelo doesn't express a lot of emotions but I could tell he was nervous as his eyes wandered back to me.

"I'm Mariel. Susan's aunt." She introduced herself.

She took Marcelo's hand in hers.

"I've heard a lot about you from Sam. It's good to see you in person."

Aunt Mariel turned to me.

"He's more handsome than the pictures online." She said to me.

She knows who Marcelo is?

I thought she was going to act like dad and dislike him.

"Come on. Let's go greet everyone." She pulled marcelo to follow her and I immediately followed closely behind.

Wow. Almost everyone's here.