CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: 1% OF THE ONE PERCENT.

"So another meeting with the big boss?" Josh asked.
It wasn't really a question like he made it sound.

That idiot had called me up to his office again. It's been happening really frequently it's infuriating.
My colleagues are jealous and fearful for me... Well except Aisha and Leo who thinks we are having office sex which is so not true.
My flower is still very much intact and I'm not giving it to that arrogant man who thinks the world is at his feet.

"You know just a meeting, that's all" I dismiss any idea of getting a favor from him.

"You must have done a good job in New York for the big boss to be so impressed" Josh says again.

I just nodded my head in agreement as I took my office issued laptop and my jotter. I might as well get some real work done. Any time he calls me up it's because he wants me "close to him".
The asshole says things like that and disturbs the settled butterflies at the bottom of my stomach.
It's not like I'm bothered by it....pftt.

" I'll be back" I say in general as I went to the elevator and headed to his floor.

His receptionist is still as she is. I've never talked to her and she never really talk to me but the fact that she works here makes me aware that she knows who Marcelo really is and anyone in cahoots with Marcelo is certainly not one I want to be dealing with but to be polite like I was taught I gave her a small smile before heading to his office.

******

I don't usually think about Marcelo work attitude, seeing as he has tens of thousands of workers all over the world and hundreds in this office building alone but he certainly works hard.

He likes to oversee things and it's frightening to say but he also keeps an eye on his workers but as far as I know he doesn't give a fuck about them...well unless they fuck with him, so good luck to whoever tries.

I put my attention on my system completing the task I was assigned by Joe, completing this and sending it to him would prove that I am actually working up here.

My side eye caught Marcelo's form. Is there something attractive about a man working.

His black jacket and coat were hanging on a gold coat rack behind him and the sleeves of his black shirt were rolled up to his elbows revealing his defined hand muscles.
His face was hard and it was obvious he was focusing. His hair was disheveled but in a good way, he has an habit of running his hand through his hair... Oh and clicking his silver pen over and over again absentmindedly.
A few strands of his hair were falling to his fore head giving him a boyish look making him...adroable.
He raised his left hand to his chin as he stared at his computer screen, his right thumb continued clicking the tip of the pen over and over again.

It's common knowledge that the boss is a very attractive man but..... It don't know if its possible for someone to be more.... attractive?

His eyes caught mine and I immediately turn my attention back to my laptop trying to pretend like I didn't just get caught staring like a freaking pervert.
I tried to act like my attention was on my laptop but it wasn't as I could feel his eyes on me.

" You may want to turn on your laptop" a sly grin was on his face.

"What?" I looked at my screen to see that during my course of staring at him my laptop had automatically put itself on sleep due to inactivity after a long time.

How long did I stare at him!!!!!

My face was already red in embarrassment as I immediately turn on the laptop and focused my attention on it trying to act like I wasn't aware of the sly smile that was on his face.