CHAPTER FORTY ONE: A NEW ENEMY.

The loud crash of the furniture echoed through the room. Everyone who stood feets away from the fuming man shook in their pants as they tried to control their breathing and not melt from fear.
Marcelo threw the lamp against the wall in anger and watched as the lamp shattered against the wall. He took a deep breath while clenching his fist and closed his eyes. He is not doing it to calm down but to tame his demons. His head hurt and everything seems to be spinning. He always had everything in his control. Everything.

Thawne ran his hands through his blonde hair as he watched his boss. He off course have seen his boss in different situations but this seemed different. He watched as his boss closed his eyes and Thawne wondered what was going on in his head.
Marcelo was the man Thawne admired the most. He desired to be him but wouldn't dare to be him. Marcelo is a cold and calculating and Thawne have said it and meant it everytime when he says he never wants to be on his bad side.

Marcelo was a man with power and influence and he knew it. A man who would turn an unfavorable situation around. Thawne owes his life to Marcelo. Thawne was an angry furstrated man who worked for small mob bosses.
Thawne had thought he would live a life of misery forever, that was until he met Marcelo. Like him Marcelo is broken but he is the strongest man Thawne has ever come across.

"I don't believe he would make a move. He knows better than to do that" Miller spoke up.

The other men in the room looked at him. Thawne has no beef with Miller but he just didn't like the guy. He walked around like an indsispoable guy. He had this righteous, too good look on his face and he seems to look down on everyone. Thanwe didn't hate but he didn't like or trust him either but the boss seems to keep him by his side.

"Miller do something about her family. I don't want them near it" Marcelo finally spoke up. He turned to Thawne.

"You know what to do"
Thanwe nodded.

He didn't need to be told twice. Like Thawne knows, Alexander Cain always have something up his sleeve, even when the situations are not favourable.

But this time something felt different. He have been with Marcelo for so long and the man doesn't have a weakness but now it seems different. Thanwe had thought his little employee was nothing but an entertainment but Thanwe could see that it was more than that. His boss seemed to care for his little bitch.
Thanwe was a little dissapointed but that didn't stop him from admiring him. What makes a beast more dangerous? Threatening what belongs to it.

Miller watched as Thawne left the room. It seems like Marcus was finally out of his shell. They haven't heard anything from Marcelo's uncle in ages and now he has resurfaced and he seems to have a deep hatered for Marcelo. Envy and desperation can make a man do a lot of things.

Marcelo ram over a lot of things in his head. He knew why Marcus had finally resurfaced. It was obvious. His grandfather, Alexander has been pushing the legacy to his neck over and over again. Trying to get him to take over something that Marcus desperately wants.

Marcus was a man who hates Marcelo and vice versa. He like Marcelo grew up under Alexander and was trained to be his son but one thing Marcus knew he would never live up to was Marcelo and no matter how many times he attempted to show his father that he was better than his grandson. Marcelo does something grand that outsmart and outwit everyone.

Marcelo may be a sick man but Marcus was sicker. He seeks his father's approval. He seeks his father's legacy and to him Marcelo was a pest he was determined to remove at all cost.
Marcelo have always treated Marcus like an insect. A mosquito that just keeps coming back for a sup of your blood but one that you can just swap away.

But things turned different when he resurfaced and had now set his eye on Marcelo's woman.

Marcelo has never wanted a lot of things in his life. He didn't want his parents love or attention, they had abandoned him out of fear of his grandfather. He didn't want his grandfather's approval or attention, the man had taken everything from him and broke him, gave him scars.
He didn't want the world's flattery. He didn't want his grandfather's legacy or wealth, he already had his. But something he didn't have is Susan.

And for the first time in his life he wanted something . Something so simple, so silly , so naive but something he desperately and obsessively wants his Susan. And if Marcus while trying to find his weakness sets his eyes on Susan, Marcelo would stop treating him like a mosquito but a real threat and he would tear him apart limb to limb.

He turned his attention to Miller that stood several feet away from him. He narrowed his eyes and man he didn't trust but believed in. A man who even though is betraying him which he knows about but ignores stands by his side.

Marcelo turned his attention to the painting that covered almost half of the whole wall in front of him. It...calmed him. The portrait may make no sense or may seem ambiguous but to Marcelo it made sense. The same way the Lego model he assembles make sense to him.

If Marcus is after him now, it means there would be a war and it is one he doesn't want Susan to be caught in.

*********

SUSAN'S POV.

I clutched the file to my chest as I scurried towards the lobby.
Taking so may files at once felt like a good idea then but not so much now.

I tried to avoid knocking into anyone. I hurried towards the elevator. I really don't want to wait for an elevator.
In my effort to get there on time before the door closer, my attention fully focused on my destination instead of infornt of me.

I hit a hard wall. The force of the impact knocking off my feet. The files flew out of my hand and I can feel myself about to kiss the ground. It was inevitable.

I closed my eyes expecting to hit the cold floor of the lobby but it seems I was suspended mid air. Opening my eyes to see what was going on my eyes meet with an ocean blue eyes.

"You should watch where you are going love." The owner of the blue eyes spoke up.

I immediately stood straight getting out of the stranger's hold.
I bent down and started picking the files while apologising.

"I'm so sorry"

The stranger was also squatting and picking the files with me. I looked up and smiled at him.

What a nice man. With an handsome face at that.

"Im so sorry" I repeated. Feeling genuinely sorry for crashing into such a nice man.

"It's okay. You seemed to be in a hurry" he smiled flashing his perfect set of teeth making my heart melt .

"Yeah" I stood up as he have me the files he have also gathered.

I could now notice his features well. He seems to be in his mid thirties or something. He's tall with a well built body. I can't point it but he seems a little familiar.

"You should watch where you are going next time. I can't have beautiful women getting injured-" he looked down at my ID.
"Miss Susan"

I smiled and blushed at his complement. It's not everyday that an attractive man calls you beautiful.

What about Marcelo?

Well he doesn't call me beautiful now does he

I looked down for an ID card but he doesn't seem to be wearing one. Maybe is here for a meeting. He looks cooperate in his dark blue suit.

"Well thank you for the save Mr-" I said, also wanted to know his name.

"Marcus. I'm Marcus"

"Well thank you, Marcus"

I hurried towards the elevator. Turning back I saw his attention still on me. I just gave him a small smile before heading into the elevator.

THIS IS IT.

Well seems like you guys have been introduced to Marcus.
If you still don't know who he is Marcus is Marcelo grandfather's son who he had in his later years. He is a two years older than Marcelo of course and he is trouble.

PS: we are going to be through with this book soon and I want to thank everyone who have been supporting me throughout. Thank you.

Don't forget to comment and vote.
Oh and follow me 🚶🚶🚶