CHAPTER SIX: WHAT DOES HE SEE IN YOU?

*SUSAN*

           After the my encounter with the boss at the workers ball and running away from him at the end out of fear. All I could think of was my future at the company. He freaks me out.

When i joined the company, i was told the Legend of Mr Marcelo King. Everyone talked about him like he was the devil and facing him meant enternal condemnation.

Even Josh the head of their department had warned her of the boss. I had also once witnessed what he could do when he ruined the life of one of the directors he suspected betrayed him.

He was dragged through the huge lobby like a goat. The boss rid him of everything he and his family owned and no one ever heard from him again.

The speculation was that he's been killed by the boss, and he was truly known to make people disappear.

      I don't know if that would be my fate and matter how I try to rack my brain for what I might have done before that night at the office where I almost ripped his fave off thinking he was a psycho serial killer, I couldn't figure out anything. Was it a report that I wrote ?, Or a presentation I made?.

I just couldn't figure it out. And it could be that it's just nothing and the two encounters with my boss was just a mere coincidence.

  I was at the desk, trying to complete the task I had with me, I took on more than I could chew, Joe somehow found a way to persuade me to cover his work for him, while he had lunch with a girl he really liked.

I wasn't really in the mood to eat, and decided to stay behind and complete my task but Joe just had to complain about how much work he had and his reluctance to cancel his lunch with his lunch with is long time crush, and I just had to take on the task, dad was right.

I think of other people first instead of myself, and at this moment I was hating that quality, but if the situation was to arise again I knew that I would still be here completing my work and his.

    The elevator pinged open, Mr Miller walked in, he looked as intimidating as always in his perfectly tailored gray suit, as always he was holding his smart notebook and he looked like he was on a mission.

"Mr Miller" I smiled.

that was my form of greeting him, and like always he gave me a small smile.
To my surprise he headed towards me.

"Come to my office after lunch" and with that he walked out of sight and the sound of the elevator closing I knew that he was gone.

  My heart did a summersault in my chest, what did he want to see me for?

This wasn't the first time he would request to see me, but normally we use one of the conference rooms.

His office was on the same floor as the boss who I've had two scary encounters with.

And I spent the remaining ten minutes checking my watch and trying to focus on my work. Different thoughts kept racing in my head, and as always my imagination ran wild.

  Aisha, Leo and Josh were already back from their lunch break, and Aisha bought me lunch because she didn't want me to starve, but at the moment I couldn't eat, if I did, I'm pretty sure I would puke.

It was three minutes to the agreed time, I decided to hit the elevator, excusing myself from Josh, I headed to the elevator. Looking to my side, I could see my reflection on the wall of the elevator. The elevator had this floor length mirror.

      I decided to check myself for any blemish, this was my second time going to the boss's floor. My hair was in a neat pony tail, but for some reason, I ran my palm through it to pet down any stray strands of hair.