DoDam- 'Oops we did it!' 🔞

° Doyoung x Yedam

° An accidental one night stand at the very first college party

Doyoung's classmate must be very rich! It was the very first college day and that strange guy managed to throw this massive party for all of his batchmates whom he didn't even know! The purpose- simply to get to know everyone better. He could have hosted some random event but nope. It was hella wild! Spending his entire life abroad, Doyoung was quite familiar with wild parties but he never expected one on his very first college day.

It was good though. He wouldn't have to go through the hassle of knowing his classmates one by one.

There was a teeny tiny problem- Doyoung's struggles with communication. Because well, he didn't know Korean that well. And to his dismay, most of his classmates were bad at English.

Doyoung's first ever coping mechanism was to stay quiet and pretend to understand everything but he didn't last long because whomever he wanted to talk to asked him about himself, where he paused only after saying his name. He felt frustrated, as everyone started whispering about him. He somehow managed to find a couple of English speakers but none wanted to cooperate as much. A few sentences exchanged and they left him alone.

Doyoung got bored soon. Everyone seemed to have found a group to hang out with, while he fit into none. He stood at one corner, randomly eating some desserts. He remembered why he didn't wanna move back to Korea. When you stay in the states from a young age of five; of course, coming back to your native land as a college goer would get you through some struggles. Doyoung didn't like that. He sighed. He missed his old home. His old friends. He kept blaming his parents for the millionth time. Why coming back to Korea where no one liked him? Why?

"Hey." Doyoung heard someone say, in English.

"Hi?" He timidly replied.

"Would you like me to continue in English?" Asked the guy, in very clean, polished English. He did have an accent, but that was another charm to his flawless voice. Doyoung smiled. He didn't know why he felt so relieved.

"Please, go on." Doyoung replied. The guy smiled at his reply. Doyoung sounded pretty desperate.

"Bang Yedam." The guy extended his palm. Doyoung took it with a smile, "Kim Doyoung."

"So, you're from the states, right?" Asked Yedam, who was a bit shorter than Doyoung. The latter nodded, "Been there for more than a decade."

"Hm... Must be hard for you." Yedam said, "To leave everything behind."

Doyoung agreed, "I didn't want to. My parents kind of forced me."

"Well... I don't know much about the states, but you know, Korea is pretty cool. I'm sure you'll eventually like it here."

Doyoung smiled, it came off as a satire, "I'm already disliking the people."

Yedam, who frowned as he got slightly offended, spoke, "Why? Did they do anything to you?"

"They're just rude." Doyoung said, "They kept making fun of my broken Korean."

Yedam chuckled. Of course, Doyoung misinterpreted their over friendly nature. "You may think so at first, but trust me, they're very accepting."

Doyoung didn't look convinced, so Yedam extended his palm again, saying, "Come with me, I'll help you communicate better with them."

"Why?" Doyoung who obviously didn't want to, asked.

"Because these are gonna be your people someday." Yedam grinned, "Now come on!"

Finding no other excuse, Doyoung followed him. Yedam took him to a group of five, who all greeted him cheerfully. With Yedam's help, Doyoung was able to introduce himself with more than just a name. He also learnt many things from them. Yedam kept talking back and forth in English and Korean and it highly impressed Doyoung. That guy was fluent. So fluent as to be able to explain random puns to him.