DoWoo- 'Just Friends'

°Doyoung x Jeongwoo

°Jeongwoo keeps doing stuff that gives Doyoung butterflies to the core; The latter isn't sure anymore- are they just friends?

*Yes Yes, the OST, the lyrics, the concept, everything is inspired from the Thai BL drama, Bad Buddy the series. I had to, honestly. Cz this song, this series and OhmNanon= 💚*

~

Amidst the boring lessons throughout the whole school day, there were several things that made Doyoung happy. The most significant one of them was from one of his classmates, Park Jeongwoo. Nothing to be specific here, the latter's whole existence seemed to light up Doyoung's day!

It hadn't been long that Doyoung and Jeongwoo were placed together in the same class. It had been their second year already. In the span of slightly more than a year, Doyoung had seen so many traits of Jeongwoo. He adored them all along, thinking they're just two clingy friends, but lately, those traits infused a certain type of emotion in him. Something he wasn't able to analyse or explain.

Let me make things a bit easier. It was last year. Doyoung was still maintaining a fine distance with Jeongwoo. At that time, Jeongwoo had his close friend, Haruto with him in the same class as Doyoung. The two were practically inseparable. Doyoung never thought Jeongwoo would defend him over Haruto, but he did. On one fine morning, Haruto slightly mocked Doyoung like everyone else, because the latter always, always thought low of himself. Jeongwoo noticed that. He immediately protested and made Haruto apologize to Doyoung. It was a first for Doyoung that anyone stood up for him. He felt extremely blessed. Though he never talked much with Jeongwoo before, after the incident, he began to initiate greetings and stuff with the other. Jeongwoo was too kind and social to always accept them.

Not long after, the three became friends. Yes, Haruto realised his mistake and Doyoung forgave him soon. They spent a happy last year until Haruto had to move to another class.

As selfish as it sounds, it gave Doyoung more opportunities to become closer to Jeongwoo. He knew, Haruto was the younger's best friend, truth be told, Doyoung never even wanted to be Jeongwoo's 'best friend'. But Doyoung, he wanted all of Jeongwoo's attention.

He received them well. Too well that it meddled with rationality.

The beginning was the first skip of beat in his heart that Doyoung realized. It was a dreadful day for him. He was a timid boy, always low of confidence. He wasn't a bad student, but barely anyone knew that. That day was the day of presentation for his English course. For a socially awkward person like him, it was hellish.

His name was called eventually. He went ahead, stood facing his class. All the known pairs of eyes suddenly appeared to him as eyes of Medusa. It made him freeze on spot. He started sweating, his chest thumping so hard that he suffocated. He would have collapsed probably, if the continuous hammering of the thought of 'good grades' weren't there. Swallowing the Monstrous fear in him, he opened the file and with shaky hands and voice, started talking.

He failed. Not even two sentences uttered, he started to stutter. The teacher was encouraging him though, but the Medusa eyes! Well, now their tongues turned into the snakes from Medusa's head. They started whispering and laughing. Doyoung's entire skin burned out of embarrassment. He wanted to vanish into thin air if possible. His eyes teared up. He didn't wanna look up but...

He did, and then he saw the shining jewel eyes of Jeongwoo, holding a paper sign saying "Doyoungie, you're so cool!" Jeongwoo was giving thumbs up with a glow surrounding his face. It strategly calmed Doyoung. He stared deep into Jeongwoo's eyes, let his breathing be even.