HaruYoshi- 'Promises'

°Yoshi x Haruto

°Yoshi is a temporary teacher in Haruto's school

♡♡♡

Haruto hated his new teacher. To the guts. Because no one but him humiliated Haruto, the son of the principal in front of the whole class.

It was a random, boring school day. Haruto planned to sleep through the classes. Not like he didn’t get scolded or punished for that, but the teachers usually let him go. However, instead of his regular math teacher, a young, good looking and polite guy walked in.

Haruto heard whispers around him. Girls were talking about how great that man looked. Haruto rolled his eyes, he was handsome, yes; but not more than himself.

He became even more irritated once the man started teaching the class maths. As he shared, he was appointed as a substitute teacher for a month in place of the previous math teacher of them. Girls loved that. Haruto didn’t. He watched with annoyance how the new teacher probably named Yoshi was listening to the girls asking to explain some problems again and again.

‘Honestly, does he not realise that those girls are doing it as some kind of flirting, he shouldn’t even pay heed to them; but look how he’s enjoying all the attention.’ Haruto thought.

“Alright, now we'll ask one of the boys to solve it.” The teacher suddenly spoke. Haruto looked at the board. A tricky math question was written on the board.

“How about you? Yes you, the tall one.” The teacher asked, smiling enthusiastically. Ironically, he picked Haruto.

“What?” Haruto arrogantly asked. The teacher backed down a little, but smiled again, “Come here and solve it.” He gestured at the board with the marker in his hand.

Haruto visibly rolled his eyes, “I don’t want to.”

The teacher, Yoshi, now lost his smile, “You don’t get a choice though. Either come and solve it or admit that you don’t know how to so that I can teach you.”

Haruto scoffed, “Oh please. I don’t need you to teach me.”

“Then prove it, come and solve it.” Yoshi spoke with a serious look on his face. The whole class was watching it, and he had to keep his face.

“I'm not doing it.” Haruto adamantly said.

“Cool, then get out of the classroom.” Yoshi spoke. Haruto looked at him in disbelief first, but then a mocking smile was seen on his lips. He didn’t leave his seat.

“I will not. What are you gonna do, huh, fake teacher?” A roll of laughter, specially coming from the boys filled the room. Yoshi clenched his jaws.

“And who wants to be a teacher these days? If you master a topic, there are so many better paying options to choose from. Why come and deal with all the students?” Haruto added, “Unless you really suck at what you learned, I don’t see the point of choosing this profession.”

Yoshi’s eyes burned. He was such a sweetheart but Haruto was testing his patience. Besides the way he insulted all the teacher- the people whom he respected the most made his blood boil.

“I think you didn’t understand when I said get out, do you need me to explain what it means? Maybe demonstrate with one of your friends?” Yoshi spoke calmly but with enough force. Haruto frowned.

“Do you know who my father it? How come you’re asking me to get out?” Haruto pulled out his trump card.

“Even if your dad is the president of the country, I am still your TEACHER, so I do get to kick you out if you act disrespectfully. Now go, or should I call someone to drag you out of the classroom?”