HaruYoung- 'Mago'- Pt. 2/2

Nope, Doyoung wasn’t nervous, not even a bit. Other people in his place would have been, of course, to visit their magician friends’ house for the first time but it’s Kim Doyoung after all. Like why would he be nervous when he was the one who nagged Haruto about it until the poor Japanese had to agree?

“Ruto!” Doyoung clung onto Haruto, “Are you really gonna keep that poker face on all along? I told you I will be super likable in front of your parents!” Haruto, who had a very stern and worried face on, remained silent, dimming down Doyoung’s enthusiasm a bit.

“Oh so you don’t actually want me to.... cause you don’t like me...” such a cheap trick of Doyoung, but Haruto was a real sweetheart to even feel bad at that.

“Oh no, it’s not like that!” He hastily said, “It’s just... you aren’t someone from our tribe and I'm really not sure how they’re gonna take it...”

“Didn’t you already tell them about me, your only friend?” Doyoung asked, in disbelief.

“Yeah, I did, I mean, yeah they know and they’re both okay... but.. you know...”

Doyoung shook his head and pulled Haruto forward, as the boy literally stopped in front of his house in doubt, “Let’s just go! You’re worrying too much today!” And he literally dragged Haruto to his house.

Well, they did like him. At least to some extent. And that relieved Haruto off his stress. Doyoung wasn’t kidding when he said he'd got it because he actually did. He bonded with both of Haruto’s parents, and also with his little sister in no time! They even invited Doyoung to have dinner with them that night and guess what, our dobby said YES.

Haruto took Doyoung to his room, simple, minimal and comfortable. Doyoung liked it. He plopped down on Haruto’s fluffy bed while the taller just used his power to do all the work. Then, he laid himself down beside Doyoung, deliberately letting his fingers touch Doyoung’s ones.

“Are you enjoying?” Haruto asked, looking at Doyoung who just smiled and nodded.

“Your parents are so sweet!” Doyoung exclaimed, “specially to each other.” The elder said and winked. Haruto giggled at that, “I know!”

The giggles died down and Doyoung stared,  Haruto stared back. Both were stuck at being ‘friends’ even after Haruto almost exposed that he had a crush on Doyoung even before the elder got to know him. Doyoung somehow understood it, but he was scared. He wasn’t ready to pour his heart out to Haruto, not before hearing from Haruto about it first. Instead, he made up his mind to blend well with the younger's family.

In the dinner table, though, Doyoung made a blunder.

When he was struggling to open a bottle cap and Haruto failed even with his power, Haruto’s dad asked for the bottle and just twisted the cap open like it was no big deal. Sure, he was supposed to be stronger than them all, but Doyoung was too caught up in the magical tribe thing that he blurted out with, “I know, his magical power is strength, right!?”

Suddenly the table fell silent. Everyone, even Airi, Haruto’s little sister, looked scared. Only Doyoung had no clue. But he could guess, as he saw all of Haruto’s family members look at the younger with burning eyes.

“I thought you told them about-" Doyoung tried to explain to Haruto but a deeper voice cut him off.

“Airi, take him with you to your brother’s room. We'll have a little chat with Haruto.” Haruto’s mother said, sternly. Doyoung wanted to defend himself again but a glare from Haruto’s father made him scared. He just made a quick eye contact with Haruto before leaving with Airi.