JaeSahi- 'Paper Roses'

°Jaehyuk x Asahi

°Jaehyuk always found paper roses in his locker.

♡♡♡

A small, brownish handmade paper rose- tender yet with good texture, fragile but able to sustain a whole day long stay in the depth of Jaehyuk’s school bag. Had it not been for the newspaper pages, the rose would have looked real, lively- the creator made it with such delicacy!

The roses were regular gifts for Jaehyuk, from an unknown, undiscovered soul. No, in no way was he a stranger to Jaehyuk. For, the roses he created bore his tales. Every petal of the lifeless aesthetic beauty talked to Jaehyuk, told him about the care and effort the certain someone had while creating it. Jaehyuk could only stare, try to comprehend how much love could the creator have inside him to never forget about presenting him with beautifully crafted roses. And when he felt the connection between him and the creator through the woody, papery smell of the rose petals, the creator seemed close to his heart; familiar, intimate, only good at secrecy.

Jaehyuk took good care of the roses. All day long, he would keep the roses on his desk, so that they didn’t get crumpled. He had friends who knew of the secret provider, hence was teased. He didn’t mind though, rather it filled his heart knowing someone did care for him. There was only one thing he regretted- his ignorance regarding the whereabouts of the origami expert.

Jaehyuk tried lots of ways to find out who he could be. His first attempt was flexing his roses to see any unnatural reaction in the students around him. It was funny in a way, a junior student carrying a paper rose all through his classes. Some made fun of him, but he was Yoon Jaehyuk, a man with positive mind set. He was true to his motive and thus, disregarded everything else.

But the maker of the roses had nerves of stone. No matter how many people Jaehyuk met, no one actually showed him any hint of being visibly nervous about the roses in his hand. Soon, Jaehyuk had to let go of the fruitless efforts of him.

He took extra care of his locker, noticed every single person walking close to it. Because the roses were always present in his locker, he knew if he could keep a keen eye on it for a whole day, he would find the one he was looking for. But no! His admirer was a clever person. Even after spending the whole day frequently eyeing his locker, Yoon Jaehyuk failed to identify the admirer, his secret admirer. Surprisingly, he still found the desired rose in his locker on the next day!

Trying and failing again and again, Jaehyuk realized that he had to follow some uncommon ways. So, for some days, he postponed his search. Instead, he focused on learning how to make the same rose.

Now, for someone with zero artistic sense, it was a huge task! No matter how many YouTube videos he watched, as detailed as they could be, he always struggled following the steps. Like how do you even remember all the cutting and folding of the pages? And once, when he took literally hours to pause and play the video to actually make something, it turned out to be a disaster.

Not only was the rose ugly to look at, it had petals that fell down as soon as he lifted it. The undried glue stuck in his hands and clothes, the small wires used to bind the petals pricked his finger, the newspaper pages were made into a complete mess. Frustrated and sad, Jaehyuk threw everything away.

He just wanted to return the roses to the dear admirer.

Sulking for minutes, Jaehyuk’s mind enlightened with an idea! Well, it could be a way to get to his secret admirer as well! He took a pen and a piece of paper and with his injured finger, wrote a small note to the creator of the roses.

‘Your roses are as beautiful as one can be! I was wondering if you would teach me how to make one as well.

PS. For the 1000th time, I'm curious to meet you, love♡’