HaruKyu- 'Friends with Benefits'- Pt. 1/2

°Haruto x Junkyu

°Contains mature content and slightly sensitive topic. Don't read it if you aren't comfortable.

°Part 1/2

♡♡♡

"No Junkyu, no means no. Do you understand?" Jihoon scolded Junkyu the nth time that day, discouraging him about something particular because he knew what his best friend was about to face would be highly dangerous. Junkyu sulked. Like he even seemed hurt. But Jihoon didn't stray from his strict manner.

"But you don't even know him that well!" Junkyu tried again. Jihoon left a big sigh and held Junkyu's shoulders tightly.

"You don't need to know these types of people to conclude that they are trouble." He firmly said, "And no matter how much you like him, I won't let you be close to him."

You might wonder why Jihoon acted like Junkyu's guardian, and why Junkyu accepted that. The truth originated years ago, when Junkyu just got into his 2nd year at high school. He had a hellish 1st year, thanks to his introvert self and too soft for this world attitude. He was bullied, used and utterly devastated by the end of the year. Poor boy wasn't even able to share it with anyone because he was a loner. He just wished to be in a different class the next year, all through the tearful nights at home, as he never spoke about these to his parents.

God did listen to him. Because by dint of pure luck could he be able to be in the same class as Park Jihoon, who wasn't just a sociable guy approaching him soon. In fact, Jihoon was his first ever friend in that school. All happened because Jihoon was too persistent.

The previous bullies were nothing in front of a protective Jihoon. So, Junkyu soon got free from everything he faced last year. And for that matter, he kept sticking with Jihoon, passing his 2nd and 3rd year. He loved his friend a lot, so did his friend, who protected him over and over again.

Junkyu knew, Jihoon acting so adamant was just his way of protecting Junkyu again. Still, he wanted to rebel for the first time with Jihoon.

The context was pretty simple- Junkyu had a huge crush on a 1st year heartthrob student, for the first time in a long while. But according to Jihoon, that guy was just a playboy and Junkyu shouldn't be crushing on him. It's not like Junkyu disagreed with Jihoon, but he had a gut feeling that his crush would change upon meeting him.

"I want to know him first," Junkyu said, "Then if I see you're right, I'd back off."
Jihoon rolled his eyes. He wasn't used to dealing with such a determined Junkyu.

"Whatever." He just said. To get rid of the annoyance he was feeling, he got busy texting his boyfriend. Junkyu eyed him a bit. Then losing interest in their romantic exchange of words, he looked around.

And oh did he blush!? He saw his crush, Watanabe Haruto, walking with the group of his friends across the cafeteria. Junkyu shamelessly stared at him, shying out when one of his friends noticed him and said that to Haruto. Junkyu immediately looked down, pressing his eyes shut. After a while, he opened them and looked ahead. They were gone away from his view which disappointed him. But the fluttering feeling inside his heart upon seeing his crush remained unchanged.

-

Junkyu saw Haruto from a distance quite a lot of times, but Haruto caught only a few of them. An instance was when they met in the library, where Junkyu's shy eyes first met with Haruto's big onyx ones. Junkyu was standing in front of a shelf, looking for a book. Jihoon was sitting on a table nearby, talking to Hyunsuk who was sitting beside him. Unnoticed by them, a tall boy walked and stood in front of the same shelf. Junkyu glanced at him upon hearing his footsteps.