MashiHoon- 'Walking the Wire'

°Jihoon x Mashiho

°Jihoon's a stray criminal while Mashiho is a decent student.

°Contains violence, mention of blood and other sensitive topics.

*Recommended: Listen to the song to get the vibe if u haven't already!*

♡♡♡

Jihoon was being nicer than usual and Mashiho did not take it well. Of course, he loved to be taken better care of, but when it came to Jihoon, the one with so many secrets and so much danger surrounding him, having such behaviour from him made Mashiho wonder- exactly what was Jihoon up to?

Takata Mashiho, a normal, decent and talented high schooler met the drop out, orphan and reckless Jihoon on a spring day, when the sun wasn’t strong but Park Jihoon was sweating hard riding a bicycle in the speed of light. He was distracted to the point he didn’t notice Mashiho with earbuds in on the road and directly crashed on him with his cycle and a large bag. More than feeling the pain, Mashiho was surprised to see drugs- lots of them in stacks from a small opening of the bag. Before he could even fathom, the rider, aka Jihoon sprang on his feet, took the bag, rode the cycle again and dashed off. Soon enough, Mashiho saw a bunch of people chasing the hasty rider with a bag full of drugs.

Either he was a thief or he was being chased by people of law. Either way, Mashiho didn't wish to be involved.

But he was indeed, because soon another day, he saw the boy again. Had he not looked up because his eyes caught some movement, he might have missed the same rider climbing down a building, at least five stories high, with a fat bag on his back. Even from down below, Mashiho realized that the bag was full of cash. He shouted a ‘thief!’ and rushed to stop him but the boy literally jumped from at least 10 meters high, stumbled a bit with what looked like hurt ankles but not even paying heed, ran away in a flash. Mashiho was unable to even go near him in time and so were all the people who heard Mashiho and went to help.

Mashiho missed yet another opportunity to catch the thief definitely regarded ‘skilled’ by him.

After a long gap, Mashiho met the same boy a third time, but not stealing, rather being beaten almost to death.

Mashiho hid and saw from afar how some armed people beat the apparent thief, nearly killing him on spot. While debating whether to interfere and save him, to Mashiho’s relief, they left the poor boy once he stopped protesting. Mashiho rushed to him and checked his breathing.

He was alive.

Mashiho quickly took him to a nearby hospital and paid for his treatment for the next few days. Even though Mashiho knew he was a thief, the judgement was not upon anyone but the law. True, a thief should be turned in, but the kind saviour of him wanted to hear him out first.

So he did. He let Jihoon come around, heard his story and came to know about the miserable life he was living.
He never stole for his sake, he was just ‘appointed’ to do so by his ‘temporary bosses’. In other words, Jihoon was a free soul, working independently for various criminal organizations from time to time in order to have a good pay in return.

Mashiho didn’t report Jihoon to the police, even though he most certainly should have. There was just something, something in the desperate tone of the elder that this was his only source of living. That he never killed or did anything to hurt others, that he only involved in stealing from some other criminals or maybe spying on others, but never ever the innocent ones. Mashiho just couldn’t bring himself to disbelief Jihoon’s words. And even if he did and tried to turn him in, he knew that with his skill, Jihoon would just abscond. So, he let Jihoon live as he was after coming around.