MashiKyu- 'Warm Yellow Lights'

°Junkyu x Mashiho

°Warm Yellow lights always meant loneliness for Mashiho, but it was soon to change.

♡♡♡

Mashiho liked to be in mood. Specially at night when he was busy doing whatever. He required a clean room, an organized desk and good lighting, of one or two specific colours. Funny thing was, unbeknownst to himself, the colours that he chose to flicker in his room somehow represented his mood at that time- whether he was happy or stressed or gloomy or just contented. And this simple yet brilliant discovery was made by none other than Kim Junkyu, a special someone to Mashiho.

After one very hectic day, Mashiho returned to his room at almost around 8pm. He was tired, wanted to sleep more than anything else! For the very first time in his entire life, Mashiho hesitated between taking a shower or not. In the end, his clean-freak mind won. He took a shower, came out and prepared for sleep. However, after feeling clean and stress free, he decided to spend some time doing something else before sleeping.

The artist in Mashiho awakened. He took a pencil, a sketchbook and some markers. He drew lines, not enclosing any specific shape. His mind drifted off to what he had been feeling for the last few days. How he grew a little more, improved his skills, gained more fans. He thought about the members, Junkyu to be specific. His very own Junkyu hyung.

Mashiho stood up, turned on the small fairy lights in front of his desk. The colours... he didn't want any colour that night. Mashiho set the lights to a warm, yellow colour.

Mashiho kept on drawing some more lines. He didn't plan anything beforehand, his hand and maybe the subconscious mind of his was guiding him. Soon the random lines connected together, creating something understandable, real. Mashiho wasn't surprised. He knew the lines would eventually meet up and make something related to 'him.' He just knew.

The 2D structure was done, not polished, not even anything near the actual plump and fleshy lips of Kim Junkyu but- Mashiho understood as soon as the outline was drawn. He ended up drawing Junkyu's lips this time. First his eyes, then a hand and now this!

Mashiho sighed. He was getting even more obsessed over Junkyu by the day! At first, he thought it was just the closeness, but then Junkyu distanced himself, giving Mashiho enough space to think things through. Poor Japanese slowly realized, his fondness towards Junkyu wasn't normal.

Mashiho wasn't that expressive. He kept things to himself. But he was still biased. He cared for Junkyu a little too much, watched over him, protected him. He became sad when Junkyu was busy with the other members. He tried to keep things down, and he did fool few pairs of eyes. But some eyes like Jihoon's or Doyoung's saw through him. They realized what was going on.

They gave him lots of suggestions. Some effective, some not so good. Mashiho followed those for months before he came to understand, Junkyu wasn't into him. Of course, the elder was still super affectionate towards the younger, but that was it. Affection. When Mashiho was deep in love with his hyung, Junkyu was only providing him with affection.

Mashiho heard a knock, the door opened soon. Doyoung was smiling from the door.

"Hi hyung!" He walked in with a flask on. He was probably taking a detour after filling in his giant flask.

"Hi!" Mashiho smiled in adoration.

"Aren't you gonna sleep? What are you doing?" Doyoung came closer to Mashiho, "So yellow it is?"

Mashiho nodded, staring at the warm lights.

"Oh it's a lip!" Doyoung slightly turned the sketchbook to himself, "Good good! Finish it soon I wanna see how it looks once done!"