Chapter 40

Skye's POV

we had just got back from the funeral. it was a beautiful ceremony. my eulogy went well, I almost start crying but I controlled myself. right now I was in my room changing before the guest came. this is the worst part about being a royal you need to change for every fucking thing. breakfast, lunch, dinner, everything who the hell is going to see you eat in your own house. I wore a simply black suit, I realized kat was wearing a suit I don't wwant to be all macthing matching so I changed in to a simply full sleves black dress and went down. I saw the guest had already started arriving. I went and stood in a corner. I hate it everyone is acting like they knew him, the real him. crying for him as if they loss someone important in there life. I saw kat walking towards me.

how are you? she asked me gaving a kiss on my cheeks.

fine, just annoyed how these people are acting like they knew him. I told her keeping my head on her shoulder. I didn't care who saw us together right now. bloody hell go tell the press if you want.

ignore them, that's the only thing they know to do. she said. taking two glasses of champagne from he waiter and giving one to me. I saw kats mom and brother walking towards us I stood up straight and kept my glass on the table next to me.

she came and gave me a hug. I'm sorry for your lose. she said. ricky just shook my hand and didn't say much.

thank you for coming. I said. I didn't know what else to tell her. there was a awkward silence between us. ricky broke that silence by saying "so you dating this dumbass, huh?" to which kat and her mo both glared at him, I gave him a smile.

yeah I'm dating this dumbass, I told him. the conversation started building up and I and kats mother ended up talking about business. how I'm taking over my dads place as he Is the king now and all. I saw Franc, Jennie, Ricky and Kat talking at the corner of my eye. kats mother had to leave as she had some work. Ricky also left with her as he had a modeling gig.

I and kat bid our goodbyes and went to Jennie and Franc.

So where are you both staying? I asked Jennie as Franc was busy talking about something important atleast I think it was important looking at the way they were talking.

oh we staying at a hotel nearby, we haven't yet gone there our luggage is still in the car. we directly came here.

ok, I will tell someone to keep the luggage in one of the guest room. you guys are staying here.

no no its fine the rooms are already booked.

then I will tell someone to unbook them. you both are my best friends and this is a big house. you'll can stay here comfortably.

the event was ok. there were to many annoying people. one lady asked me s when am I getting married or if I had a boyfriend. I was like seriously? it my uncles your kings funeral and your asking me about my relationship. I just told her there isn't a boyfriend but there surly is a girlfriend hich make her mouth shut and I left from there.

it was almost dinner time and I wasn't in the mood to change out of my joggers and take top so I just rolled with it. kat had gone out to drop he family on the airport so she wasn't going to join us. I went and sat down at table. mom gave me a weird look like why am I dressed like this? Dad didn't say anything, I was expecting at least a smile but know thing. Franc and Jennie came and sat beside me.

the dinner was served and we started eating. there was a awkward silence.

so where is Kat? mom asked breaking the silence.

she went to drop her Mom and brother to the airport.

oh shes staying? mom asked with a smirk.

yeah for a couple of days or so I told her