Chapter 7

Katie's POV

I didn't tell Skye what had happened because, when I looked at her face when she woke up I knew she regretted it. It was just a drunken mistake, it would have made our relationship in class even weirder as it already was after the 'almost kiss' in the walk-in closet.

It was so cute when she thought I didn't know she was staring at me, and she even ordered my favourite 'pancake with a lot of maple syrup'. I was blushing when Neal said "Last night's girl has seriously done a number on you". I said "I hadn't slept with anyone last night and I just dropped the girl off at a cab." But Skye was way too drunk to catch a cab, and I couldn't bear leaving her alone in that state.

When we reached home I quickly parked the car and said my goodbyes to Neal and Eugene. I was walking inside the house when my mom called me and said "You remember that the annual gala is tonight, right?"

"Yes mom, how could I ever forget" fuck how did I forget I quickly went to my room to try to find a dress. When I entered my closet there was a dress hanging with matching shoes and a note.

"Darling I'm your mother I know when you forget stuff and lie about it". I smiled to myself and shouted "Thank you mom" I heard a "Your welcome" in reply.

My mom hosts an annual gala every year in which she shows off the rare custom made dresses and the money collected from it goes to a kids cancer foundation. This year Ricky is going to model in the show and I'm going to introduce the collection. I had told mom to make a second pair of them for me as I like this year's dresses. I'm wearing one of my mom's custom made dresses. It's a long elegant sparkling gown which makes me look a bit older than my actual age so people take me seriously but not so much that people would be scared by me. I had to look older as my mom is going to introduce me to the board members as I'm going to turn 18 in 2 weeks and since I'm going to take over the company after her.

People in the board know me but after my 18th birthday I will officially attend the board meetings. I'm going to give a huge birthday party and invite everyone in school and show those rich snobby kids that I can also buy a Ferrari, well I own one already but it doesn't give you the right to bully people.

Later on I needed to get ready for the gala. Ricky had left already as he's one of the models and he needed to go in for the final rehearsals. No one in the fashion and modelling department knows he is the son of the owner.

Well people didn't know me either when I used to work in the marketing department as a summer job, until the last day when all the interns were introduced to mom. She knew I was doing a summer job but she didn't know I was doing it in our company so when she saw me she was like "Katie darling what are you doing here didn't you have to go to your job?" and I was like "Mom I'm at job and you just blew my cover." It was funny to see my fellow interns' faces when I went and kissed my mom goodbye.

I got ready and told one of the drivers to get the limo ready for me. This year for the first time I'm going to enter a gala through the red carpet.

First I thought I could take my Lamborghini but I don't want anyone else to drive it and I can't drive it comfortably with this gown on. So I'm taking one of the limo's owned by my family. Ricky took the BMW sports car he got for his birthday last year. What can I say our family has a thing for cars.

I got into the limo, and told the driver we have to pick up Neal and Eugene on our way. Neal and Eugene share a house as their families moved away for work and they didn't want to move.

Neal was dressed in a blue tuxedo and Eugene in red one, guess they were going for the Fire and Ice look. "So we're entering from the red carpet this year?" asked Neal I nodded and said "As mom's are going to introduce me to the company today Today there are going to be many girls jealous of me I guess."