Chapter 12

Kat's POV

It's my birthday tomorrow and my mom was having a pre-party today. It was for her business associates and all. It was an important event for the company so that's why I didn't argue.

Skye is going to be there, I can't get the image of her and that chick kissing out of my head. She said something to Skye after that but I couldn't hear it. How could she kiss her?

Maybe I'm overreacting.

It was just a peck. But dude still, how could she do that when she just kissed you in the morning.

Yeah, it's not like she's cheating on me. I'm not dating her although I would love to.

Shut up, focus on the matter at hand she was kissing someone hours after kissing you. Fuck it that's not the matter at hand the party is. I have to get ready for the party, sometimes I seriously think I'm bipolar.

I got dressed in a pantsuit as this was a formal party and I wasn't in the mood to wear a gown. Thank god mom had kept this party in the backyard. I did my hair and makeup and started walking toward my backyard. Neal and Eugene weren't going to come to the party as they had some work for them but I think they are planning out their stupid birthday prank every year.

So every year they play a stupid prank on me and invite me to a surprise party or something but this year throwing a party like it's my 18 birthday they might be planning to do something stupid.

Last year they nearly gave me a heart attack when they called me up saying they were in a car accident and Neal was badly injured.

First I thought it was a prank but then when I started hearing sirens and officers in the background and went to the address they gave me. It turns out it was a prank, I literally wanted to send them to the hospital at that moment.

It has been an hour since Skye, her father and that chick arrived. I haven't greeted them yet as I was busy with other guests and partially because I was avoiding them. That chick is hot like Victoria's Secret angel model hot, but not as hot and sexy as Skye. Skye's beautiful, She's like a goddess, Victoria's Secret goddess to be specific.

"Darling" my mom called me pulling me out of my daydream. I saw that mom was standing near Skye. Great mom, seriously great, I thought sarcastically.

"Coming mom"

"Yes, mom," I said.

"Darling I think you have already met Mr. Jackson and his daughter." She said with a smile I knew all too well. She's for sure up to no good.

"Yes mom I have at the annual gala, it's a pleasure meeting you again sir and ma'am, might add you look gorgeous this evening." I said looking at Skye she mumbled thanks shyly I could see a blush creep up her cheek. Ok, something is seriously wrong with me. I'm flirting with my teacher in front of my mom and her father.

"I don't think I have met you before," I said looking at that chick. "Oh yeah, I'm a friend of Skylar my name is Francesca, Francesca LeMarc I hope you don't mind me crashing your party uninvited." She said

'ok' so her name is Francesca. Nice name. "Oh, a beautiful name for a beautiful lady and it's not at all a problem a friend of Ms. TJ is a friend of mine."

"Darling why don't you show Ms.TJ and her friend around for a little bit" See I knew it she is up to no good.

"I don't think that would be necessary ma'am" Skye said. Oh yes, true you have already seen half of the place last time.

"Oh come on, darling, show them around a little bit." My mom looked at me smirking like this was a fantastic idea.

"Why not mom, shall we?" I asked them. They nodded and followed me. "So you have seen the left side of the house before Ms. TJ so I guess we start with the right side," I said.