ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ words_for_food↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

First Light :: 15.5/20

» Title :: 4/5

Coming up with a reasonable title is quite a difficult task. Title represents the whole book in a single line of words. Titles are hooks that grab the attention of readers instantly and also it's the first thing that your readers notice.

Well, your title matches well with the central theme of your book and excellent choice of word that gives out the impression of your plot as well. It isn't much of an attention grabber but did it's job quite well. Although the title suits your book it isn't much ofa stand out.

» Cover :: 8/10

Cover is the visual representation you can use to benefit your work. It allows the readers to imagine a much clearer picture of your characters. There are certain essential elements that covers should contain -The title of a book, author name, font styles and colours, colour match, colour tones. These factors should also align with the theme of your book to express what you want to show the raiders
through your cover.

The cover was quite elemental in it's qualities representing the necessary themes of your book. The font colours and font styles also matched well with the overall cover tone of your book. But maybe the font style of the sub heading and author name could be changed to add in a much more attractive value.

» Blurb :: 4/5

A blurb is the summarised version of the book or the plot necessary amount of information without revealing much. Also the length should be accustomed to a stable point, while pointing out the main factors of the blurb and giving a worth while introduction about your characters to impress the readers. You've achieved well in bringing out the necessary valid qualities but try to extend it to a much more attention grabbing blurb by adding 'elegant' and 'curios' vocabulary words to enhance the skillful quality of a good Blurb.

Dawn :: 7.5/10

Many authors forget and ignore this important factor. Add in a DISCLAIMER this is about handling the legal information of your work incase it gets stolen or plagiarized you might have nothing to prove about. Adding in a disclaimer authorises your work. You can move chapters in the desktop version of wattpad so it would be wise add in a suitable disclaimer.

The first few chapters flowed smoothly with the dialogues and descriptions paced in a suitable time and a mood. It began smoothly and continued in the same flowing style which produced a nice clean read. Good choice of actions and descriptives were used to keep the readers hooked and an impressive intrigue was bought on the readers to make them feel related in the course of your story.

The only drawback I felt was the aura of stiffness surrounding the characters and some of the actions they make. Try to loosen it up a bit. Don't get them too tightened in the story.

Elaborate more on the setting, atmospheric changes and introduce the physical characteristics of your characters so the readers are able to explore more about the characters.

Plot and idea :: 18/20

A better version of a teen fiction I'd say. The whole idea and the plot revolving around the central theme matched the genre really well, which really brought out a brilliant and a fun read. Plot construction needs lots of planning, notes and dialogues should be inserted at the right perfect moment.

The general idea was a good target attracting readers and making them feel related to what the characters say. The idea of the letters, the bonfire and the unexpected twist all was related together in a nice and well planned layout.

Conflict scenes and intense moments kept the plot alive and all active colour to the story. But I really wished there was more to the story for something to keep continuing it. Nevertheless the plot was a suitable to the teen fiction genre.

The titles added to each chapter was also an additional effective point for you to gain attention of the readers. Overall the plot was a neatly planned and constructed story in accordance to the genre.

Characters and Emotions :: 12/15

Characters and emotions make the plot. In order to gain a good response you should be able to generate empathy, when readers start to care/worry about the main character they are going to be invested in what happens to her. Which means that you have to obtain the readers feelings. And an effective way to do this is to channel the characters emotions that evokes the readers.

Emotions needs to be shown rather than told which lacked a bit in your story. Body language needs to be exaggerated to the right quantity to loosen the stiffness of emotions surrounding your characters. The words span of their physical movements and characters ought to be expanded to let the readers to dive in more to the lives of the characters.

Showing emotion is effective because it pulls the readers close to the character making them feel the necessary emotions. Each actions taken by each characters matters importantly as they are the carriers of the plots, widen their emotional changes and developments through body languages.

Writing Style :: 11/15

Writing style can mainly be linked two factors - author's style, techniques and skill/ writing styles in english writing. It's important to take these two factors above into consideration when grading the writing style. For me it matters the most and according to my opinion writing style always make a good impression.

The audience is a factor to consider when using a writing style to convey the correct meanings. Since your's is a teen fiction the appropriate tones and styles were used effectively to bring out the necessary relatable scenes that teens usually face. The unique tones of your writing style ensured a good quality reading.

Moving on, story writing or novels usuall fall into the category of descriptive and narrative. Well mostly narrative I hope that you are well informed about this. Narrative writing branches out into immediate planning, each and every detail in the story divides into sub categories in narrative writing.

There were subtle hints of abruptness at some points. Be more specific about what you write. And also use a wide range of vocabularies which really enhances the quality of what you try to convey to your readers.

Grammar :: 17/20

Grammar is all about an effective read and an effective writing. Grammar is a vital factor ensuring that there are no anomalous disruptions which produce a good quality read. Grammar was almost perfect. There weren't any noticeable errors I found except for some minor language and sentence structure errors.

TOTAL :: 81/100

Reviewer's Note :: Your book would be a one I'd buy to read honestly. Just a few simple mistakes were contained. I hope you will look into it.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.