ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ ᴅᴏᴏʀs

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ HappierThanEver666↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  lilacgyu

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  lilacgyu

First Light :: 15 /20

» Title :: 4/5

All the emotions you feel alone, emotions that you can’t really express are what are conveyed through the poems in your collection. And all these untold stories are something you keep with yourself, behind the closed doors of your heart. This is why I think the title is quite apt, and represents what is to come further into the collection. It is also quite unique. However, it may not be very attractive to a few viewers. I suggest you add something that makes the title a bit more attractive.

» Cover :: 7/10

The cover was great and conveyed the overall theme of the collection. It was minimalistic and simple. It may attract readers, but at the same time also seem way too normal because of it being minimalist. However, it had all the elements of a good cover. I suggest  redoing the cover into something a bit more fancy.

» Blurb :: 4/5

The blurb was just a few quotes from the poems in the collection. However, the quotes chosen were quite attractive and intriguing. It does it’s job of bringing people in. I suggest you add a small introduction about the theme of the book to make the blurb more organized.

Dawn :: 9/10

The first poem was well written, with a great amount of imagery. Readers would be quite impressed with the first poem, which will keep them engaged enough to read the other poems of the collection. The emotions were well described and conveyed properly, which is a plus.

Theme and Structure :: 17/20

The theme of the poems is melancholic, and the emotion of grief and desperation can be felt by the readers. The structure of the poem was great, with a generous use of imagery, metaphors and amazing description. However it was written in free verse, and rhyme is considered an important aspect to the structure of poems. My suggestion is that you try implementing rhyme schemes in your poems too.

Characters and Emotions :: 13/15

The character’s emotions were understandable and were conveyed properly. The poems had a great description, words threaded together intricately to convey the feelings of the poet. I still think there is place for improvement, however.

Writing Style :: 15/15

Most of the poems did not have a rhyme scheme and were written in free verse. However, the word choice was great and conveyed emotions perfectly. There was a great usage of imagery, and this helped the reader to imagine the conditions of the characters and put themselves in the character’s shoes.  The emotions of the characters were woven together perfectly. The division of stanzas was also perfect, neither too abrupt, nor too slow. The flow was also good.

Grammar :: 20/20

I didn’t find any grammatical errors throughout the poem.

TOTAL :: 89/100

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.