ɢɪsᴇʟʟᴇ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  Kim_eats↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  moonmelody0109

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  moonmelody0109

First Light :: 11.5/20

» Title :: 3.5/5

The title was good and it also resonated with the storyline. It could be a bit more exciting if you used some adjectives or pronouns with it. I felt like the word "Giselle" wasn't enough here. Even though it is acceptable, it feels a bit incomplete like this. Hence, I believe that you should add words to it.

» Cover :: 2/10

Your cover is one of the reasons why your book isn't getting attention. The cover is way too simple. You took a picture of Jung Hoseok and simply added the fonts. At leastast try to make the font clear. Even the font is blurry and near to invisible. It's color is way too light. I see that you like simplicity, but you should at least do it in a better way. You should give your book to a graphic designer or a graphic shop.

» Blurb :: 7/10

The blurb is good. It isn't that revealing but I still believe that some phrases and sentences should be reduced. Especially when you describe Migyung's part of the story. Apart from that, you should add at least one more dialogue to it. The rest is acceptable.

Dawn :: 4/10

The exposition is okay, but not that convincing. You didn't explain it properly and let it all go in a hurry. You should make a whole scene, describing the atmosphere and near-by things. And then you can move on to other things. You see, the beginning matters the most. Even the prologue that you used was hurried off. It did describe the night of the accident, but it makes the readers somehow confused by its fast flow. Describe it a bit more so that everything is understandable.

Plot and Idea :: 11/20

The plot is somehow unique, but it confuses me at times. You don't describe the actions clearly which makes the plot a bit confusing. Your plot needs a better execution. It doesn't have a proper structure which should be there. Along with that, your plot is a bit ahead of flow. You should describe the scenes more to make it more accurate.

Characters and Emotions :: 8/15

Your characters were described well, but not completely. There was always a confusion in Migyung's character about her nature. You should also work a bit on your emotions. You don't describe the emotions fully which makes the book lose the feels. You should describe the emotions a lot, emotions are one of the main things that matter in a story. They help the readers feel the characters. You should work on those.

Writing Style :: 10/15

I like how you used banners in the chapters, however you should work on your spelling mistakes and grammar here. There were often places where I got confused, especially when Mijung and Migyung talked. You need to edit these parts. Also, the length of your paragraphs isn't equal. There are places where it is too long. At other times, it is too short. You should make all the paragraphs equal.

Grammar :: 11/20

I didn't find many mistakes in your grammar except the tenses and spellings. There are often times I noticed that you switched between tenses. You wrote the whole story in past tense, but there are times that you used "is" instead of "was". Although you were talking in general and it is a small mistake, it can often result in major flaws. Sometimes, smallest mistakes don't go unnoticeable, so you should proofread the book and correct the tenses. You often made mistakes in the spellings along with a few typos which need to be edited. Better if your book is given to an editor or editing shop. It needs a little revamp.

TOTAL :: 56.5/100

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.