sᴛᴀʀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟɪᴇ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  jeonjisoooooo↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  -jennieverse-

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  -jennieverse-

First Light :: 10/20

» Title :: 3/5

I like how stars are personified in the title, although if I had to judge your title on the basis of your overall theme, I would say that it could be a little more relevant to the plot line. It might have a connection with the story but I wish the connection was more clear and surfaced.

» Cover :: 4/10

This cover is what I would consider an average one, it's simple and not very attractive which might not be a good thing since a cover is the first thing a reader notices in a book. Moreover, judging the book explicitly, it doesn't go hand in hand with your theme of the book and with your genre. It should give off more of a sci-fi vibe or maybe something related to the galaxy. I am not sure if a crown and black flowers would depict the theme of your book properly. I highly suggest you get your book cover done professionally from any of the graphic shops.

» Blurb :: 3/5

I liked how the blurb of your book was sentenced, it gave off a professional aura but I have to say it's very lengthy and too wordy. I suggest you combine sentences and cut down additional information that you think is not required in the description. Keep it short and precise, begin with a quote or a dialogue from your book, it helps to attract more readers. Just state the point of conflict from your book and slightly describe the character and end it with that.

Dawn :: 9/10

The way your book started and the overall aesthetic of your book was very impressive, the Latin proverbs as the titles were a cherry on top. There are very few books out there on wattpad that include dedication or epigraph in the beginning of the book, I think doing so makes the work look very professional. I do not have any complaints with how your book starts but as far as I see it could use a little touch up, otherwise it's all good.

Plot and Idea :: 15.5/20

According to me the plot is a unique one but it has overlapping themes. The way the book is executed with proper build up to the climax and the setting of the anti climax is impressive but I think the plot line could have been simplified. Removal of a few subplots would not do much harm to the book. It completely depends on one reader to another but as far as I have noticed, most readers including myself would avoid complicated plot lines if it's a sci-fi themed book because the sci-fi genre itself can be quite confusing at times. But the effort you put into bringing the plot elements together is commendable.

Characters and Emotions :: 15/15

The characters of the story were relatable and I could connect to the characters emotionally and mentally. Different personality traits were well depicted through the characters and it was entertaining.

Writing Style :: 13/15

The writing style of the book was impressive and sounded professional. There were places where I thought that the scenarios and actions were over explained but I think that wouldn't be much of a problem. Although your writing did seem a little stiff and bookish, I wished it was more smoothly worked through.

Grammar :: 19/20

I couldn't find any grammatical or punctuation errors throughout the book, there were few spelling errors here and there but I think it can be edited out easily through proofreading once.

TOTAL :: 81.5/100

Reviewer's Note :: I really loved your work and I think you have a lot of potential to become a published author. Good luck with your writing.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.