ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏʀɪꜱᴛ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ CrystalCallistral↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

First Light :: 15/20

» Title :: 3/5

A heading that verifies the state of a book. The first connection that you make with your reader. This is the first and foremost criteria of a book that needs to be reviewed crucially. In addition to that 'entrance ticket of a book'. Having the ability to create a book title varies with the author's imagination and creativity. The title expresses a sense of thrill and it blends in well with the mafia theme as well. It does induce some curiosity but I feel it should be expanded to a much deeper title and an attention-grabbing title.

» Cover :: 8/10

The cover of a book is the first thing a reader will witness. Generally, a cover is a visual presentation of a book. The essential elements of a book include the title, name of the author, subheadings, and author's names. It's important to organize this in a well-constructed layout to obtain maximum results. It also needs to meet all the relevant criterions to grab the attention of readers.

The color tone is vibrant and expresses the mafia theme well. The font style used is well matched and the blue roses blend well and match the characters. The main characters seemed to be blurred so their facial recognition is unseen. I would also advise you to change the font style you've used to type your name. One thing I would like to congratulate you on is for including both the main characters as many authors fail to do this.

» Blurb :: 4/5

A solidly written blurb is the deciding factor that promotes your story. Constructing well-made blurbs falls into different categories. Being relevant to the theme, introducing the protagonists, using enhanced vocabulary, and introducing your plot. The layout should be well organized in a neat arrangement precisely. And with an intriguing power to make the readers read your book.

Your blurb is engaging and organized well which is laid out perfectly. Neat and a clean blurb which is really precise. But use some vocabulary words that can enhance the quality of your blurb.

Dawn :: 8/10

The first impression you give to your readers and the point where you connect the readers with your book is the dawn. The reader decides to read your book after confirming themselves about the blurb, title, cover, and now for the first time, they step into your book. Dawn usually consists of a prologue, opening, and the first two/three chapters so it's vital to organize these all in neat passages and dialogues to make your readers engage with the rest of your story.

Before you start off anything else insert in a proper disclaimer, then continue to type the rest of your wordings. It needs to be neat when you start your book to give the official enhancement.

Insert in more dialogues and balance the descriptions. Don't exceed more than one thing. Evoke emotions in your characters or startup with a conflict that sparks up some interest in the reader. Emphasize more on the dialogues to help your readers to bond with the characters.

Plot and ldea :: 14/20

The construction of a plot is generally based on the author's talent. Imagination and creativity are the major vital parts to be considered when constructing a plot. The genre you've selected is quite common, famous, and loved by so many readers globally. Since it's a mafia-themed story the central theme should have some action development or some devious plans. The impact you make with your plot should be powerful enough to attract readers.

'Twists and Turns' should be included in a well-constructed layout. Conflicts or serious moments should contain more dialogues to make your book be filled with value. Plan the stage of events and insert them in a sudden way that the readers wouldn't expect.

Characters and Emotions :: 10/15

Characters are the sole reason a book exists. They are the ones who lead the story and eventually bond with the readers. One of the most problematic issues an author gets is to evoke emotions in their characters and to make them engage with the readers.

You were able to convey the character's personalities as well negative and positive emotions up to some extent with your descriptive ability but not accordingly in the right intensity. There was some stiffness revolving around your characters when engaging with them. Insert in more dialogues to improve the vocal scenes to increase the intensity between the characters. The emotional changes should be planned very well, not just described away. The readers should be able to develop an idea of how your characters will behave in the course of the story. When we connect with the characters on an emotional level, the interaction becomes deep and meaningful so you need to tease emotions out of them. Don't overuse or exaggerate descriptives too much and also be specific with the certain vocabularies you use.

Writing Style :: 11/15

The writing style is a factor that focuses more on when reviewing a book because I believe it's what makes an author unique. Ranging from the tone to the vocabulary it's crucial to not forget the basic writing style of a book to improve and enhance the quality of writing. Usually, story writing or novels fall into the category of narrative and descriptive writing so it's essential to follow this basic guide to enhance the writing style.

I admire your range and tone of descriptives since many books lack these certain elements. Make sure to be more fluent with the vocabulary you use and use action descriptives. The writing style is most dependable on vocabulary so make sure to use proper words at proper places.

Grammar :: 17/20

Grammar ensures clean and neat work. It is vital to practice proper grammar to be involved in proper and precise writing that is appropriate. The tone and way you register with is a crucial matter. Verb forms and tenses are considered to be of major use as well. They were no noticeable errors except for misuses and sentence structures. You can fix those by proofreading.

TOTAL :: 75/100

Reviewer's Note :: You have a certain ability for descriptives and a certain range of vocabulary. Plan out everything well. Good Luck!

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.