ᴛʜʀᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴɪx

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  Baqkns↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  PLUM_PUDDING_STORIES

First Light :: 16/20

» Title :: 4/5

The title is an identification that signifies the status of a book. It represents and introduces your work to the reader. The first criteria of a book that a reader engages in is the title. It may be the verification that decides whether or not to read the book or not. Creativity and provoking matter the most when constructing a good title. I believe you have surpassed that. And the title is well matched. But maybe the word ‘Dragonix' infuses some curiosity’ and some may not understand.

» Cover :: 7/10

The artistic expression of a book is the cover. It provides the necessary information to create a vivid picture of the story. Attention seeking of a book is another criteria in gaining reads. It must be sufficient to meet the storyline of your work in order to fulfil the appeal of readers. Moreover, the cover enhances the quality and the beauty of your work and it’s vital to create a good cover since it’s the visual representation of your work.

I admire the theme of colours you’ve gone with. Since it’s royal themed it should express grandeur to express the high status it radiates. The cover is bland, it sure has some attractiveness but according to my opinion I think it should be filled in with more colours or a suitable and a specific font style to express the theme of grandeur. And consider changing the background image.

» Blurb :: 5/5

When writing a novel or a story a solidly written blurb is the entry ticket to reading the work. Cover creates intrigue in a reader but the blurb is important as it is a deciding factor.  Reference to the theme and genre, create intrigue around the main conflict and introducing the protagonist are important factors to be concerned when writing a blurb. Management of length accuracy is a beneficial factor as well.
The blurb is intriguing and keeps the readers hooked, it’s precise and up to the point and good vocabulary is used. The central theme is very well explained without any spoilers.

Dawn :: 8/10

A dawn ensures a first good impression. It should be provoking and pleasing at the same time. It’s the point where you connect your readers with story and characters. So it is important for the dawn to be well constructed in order to garner reads. And it should elicit emotions as well.

Quite clever of you to start the prologue with a dialogue it makes a powerful impact. The characters introduced such powerfulness with the course of the chapter. The prologue is really purposeful and your vocabulary and use of language enhanced the beauty of your creativity. It’s filled with the intriguing power and the use of language is perfect. The paragraphs are well distributed.

But the one flaw I noticed was the disclaimer. The absence of a disclaimer may seem to have less impact, but it’s important as the rest of your story. It ensures legal problems and is helpful to avoid copyright infringement. Insert a Disclaimer.

Plot and Idea :: 15/20

I’d say creativity and imagination is full steam ahead. Even though this particular genre is common and popular among the world of English story writing you’ve definitely managed to make the most out if. The central theme revolves around a well-constructed plot and the way you express it and the way you revealed Dragneel Bloom for the first time to your readers is powerful. The conflicts and twists are well managed in a good layout and the time management is carried out cleverly while building up tension during a conflict in a serious scene.
But, when being descriptive, remember to use words in an engaging way without getting the reader confused about what you are trying to express.

Characters and Emotions :: 12/15

Characters bring a book to life. Without characters a book cannot exist. One of the most powerful skills of an author is teasing emotions out of the readers. Evoking emotions in your readers can make them feel more invested in your characters and the story as a whole. I admire your ability to convey a character's emotional personality in a scene through active, non-verbal communication with just the right frequency and intensity.

When we connect with the characters on an emotional level, the interaction becomes deep and meaningful. Well-written scenes that include characters' emotions allow the audience to viscerally take part in the story and bond with the characters. The characters are introduced at a natural pace and the way they behave in the course of the story is at a most admirable level.

The emotional changes and development of all characters are planned out very well in an impressive way. It’s so much easier to bond with the characters throughout your story (to the part I read).
But be specific with your word choice - When describing character emotions, be as specific as possible in your word choice and body language. Go through your first draft by yourself and eliminate phrases or descriptions that feel overused. Avoid cliché.

Maybe it’s your writing style or vocabulary. There are small casual hints of stiffness when it comes to bonding with the characters.

Writing Style :: 13/15

Writing style is the communication form that makes an author unique in the art of English and its related work. Ranging from the tone to the vocabulary it’s crucial to not forget the basic writing style of a work. Story writing or novels fall into the category of Narrative and Descriptive so it’s vital to follow this basic guide to form a quality writing. Writing style is commonly the most important technique a writer uses. The vocabulary you use should be engaging with the readers.

At some points I noticed the vocabulary words you used are difficult to understand for the readers, having a wide range of vocabulary you should be able to select exactly the word you need to convey a precise shade of meaning. Good writing is not always dependent on vocabulary. Use more effective words to convey your thoughts to the readers.

‘Never use a long word where a short one will do’ – George Orwell. Your writing must be engaging and understandable.

Grammar :: 16/20

Grammar involves the rules of standard written and spoken expression. Grammar is important to convey the meaning of your writing clearly. Colloquial terms are used efficiently in your writing which adds a rich quality to your work. With these terms the overall tone and register of your writing is good. There were only a few grammatical errors along the way (upto the part I read ) some sentence structures weren’t matching other than overall your grammar is quite good. It was a disturbance free read.

TOTAL :: 80/100

Reviewer's Note ::  Your writing skills are amazing and I admire your writing style and the enriched vocabulary. Look into the above errors. Good Luck!

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Yours Truly,
SeeSaw Fam.