ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ Appy008↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ lilacgyu

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ lilacgyu

First Light :: 12/20

» Title :: 2/5

The title is apt to the story and the plot. However, it isn’t very unique. It’s a common title and is not very interesting either. To attract readers, it is necessary to have an eye-catching title, and ‘Beating Heart’ does not really fulfil its purpose of attracting readers.

» Cover :: 6/10

The cover of the book is simple, but well made. It contains all the necessary parts of a cover- the title, subtitle/description, and information on the author. However, it is a bit underwhelming. The colour palette was perfect for the theme of the story, and the female face claim matched the description in the story.

» Blurb :: 4/5

The blurb delivers what it is meant to perfectly. It gives just the right amount of information to leave the reader questioning how the story will move forward. Good job!

However, I found a few punctuation mistakes in the blurb.

Due to financial constraints, and to fulfil her responsibility towards her grandmother and younger sister. she leaves her small town and moves to New York City. Where she will meet the love of her life, Ethan Walker.

Here, fullstops have been used instead of command. This whole excerpt must be written together as a sentence. The correct blurb will be :

Due to financial constraints, and to fulfil her responsibility towards her grandmother and younger sister, she leaves her small town and moves to New York City, where she meets the love of her life, Ethan Walker.

[Suggestion : Firstly, I suggest changing your title into something more unique, refreshing and intriguing. This will help attract readers to the book. Secondly, the cover can be improved. It’s way too simple to catch viewers' eyes. Editing your blurb to free it off grammatical errors will also help.]

Dawn :: 7/10

The book starts off with an introduction to the protagonist and her family and friends. This part was greatly done, and the readers could get a glimpse of the personality of the protagonist. However, at one point in the starting, it felt like way too many characters were being introduced, a few of them seeming quite unnecessary to the plot. The number of characters being introduced made it quite confusing to understand the plot.

The flow, pacing and descriptions of the start of the book were great. The book flowed smoothly apart from the abrupt introduction of a few characters.

[Suggestion : My suggestion is to reduce the number of characters being introduced. Introducing the protagonist, her family and best friend is, of course, necessary for the plot. But introducing a few unnecessary characters (like Glowey’s friends) feels like an intervention in the story.]