ᴍʏ ᴘᴇɴᴘᴀʟ

↻ AUTHOR ࿐྄ྀ  CuteKitten19↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  burrito_in_bed

↻ REVIEWER ࿐྄ྀ  burrito_in_bed

First Light :: 10/20

» Title :: 3/5

The title is quite relevant and/or appropriate to the story. But if we talk about the uniqueness, it is not unique. There are various books with similar titles. It was not very interesting because of how common the title is. It doesn’t give the reader the feeling of intrigue, which is necessary to attract them.

[Reviewer's suggestion :: The title is neither very unique, nor intriguing. The title is the first thing people pay attention to when they come across a book, so it is necessary for it to catch attention. I suggest that you change the title into something more unique and interesting to make it engaging.]

» Cover :: 3/10

The picture used is appropriate, but the plot is a dark one with a lot of angst. So the bright shades of the cover don’t match the plot that well. The cover looks fine overall. The font used for the title is appropriate, however, its colour doesn’t match. The cover doesn’t give an idea about the plot. It states only the title and the author’s name.

[Reviewer's suggestion :: The colour theme could be changed into something more dark and suitable to the plot. The bright cover misleads the viewer about the storyline. The colour of the font white, so is the background. This makes it hard to be able to read the title and author’s name. Changing the colour of the background or the font will make the cover look better. There is no information about the storyline provided by the cover. You could add a subtitle to the cover which gives a slight introduction/ idea to/about the book. This will attract more readers.]

Blurb :: 3/5

The blurb is interesting and engaging. The information wasn’t over shared, which is a good thing. It was short and sweet, kudos!However, the blurb had various grammatical errors, which I’d like to point out.

The mistakes I found were :

» “It’s beautiful white feathers were covered in its blood”
‘It’s’ is a shortened form of ‘it is’ or ‘it has’. In this sentence, possession is  being shown, for which ‘its’ should be used.

»Omission of articles: ‘a’, ‘an’ and ‘the’ weren't used properly. For example- “Fate brings two souls together through a series of letters.”

The correct statement would be- “Fate brings two souls together through a series of letters.”

Incomplete sentences: “Mary Ann who finds the strange bird”
This statement is incomplete and doesn’t make sense. It is a dependent sentence which will not make sense without another sentence.

I hope I was clear!

Dawn :: 6/10

The start of the story is what gives people an impression on it. If this part of the book isn’t executed well, readers will lose their interest and give up on the story itself. Hence, it is necessary to make it intriguing and engaging.