V8: Chapter 11 - Sixth Day

Start from the beginning

"Don't just order me around. You've been ignoring me the whole week. So, don't come and tell me what to do. Even more so when a second before you told me I'm the representative."

"Don't try to be smart with me, Four Eyes. You just don't want to do your job." Ishizaki grabbed Yukimura's collar, but to my surprise, Yukimura didn't back down and stared back at Ishizaki.

"Go ahead. Hit me. Continue creating problems for the group."

Ishizaki grit his teeth.

"Aagh! I don't wanna do this! This is just so friggin' dumb! Why do we even gotta play nice? Pretend like we're friends with dudes from the other classes? Right, Albert?"

Albert didn't agree or disagree, but Ishizaki continued.

"Seriously, dude. I hate this group so friggin' much. There's the annoying loudmouth Yukimura who talks a big game even though he can't even clean nor run a friggin' marathon. Then there's those Class A jerks. Idiotic."

WHACK! Ishizaki kicked the broom.

Most of the students probably wanted this group activity to end as soon as possible. But the important thing to remember was that not every group was like ours. Even if it was only on the surface for now, some groups had to have members who were deepening ties with one another, forming real friendships and alliances, as if they were actually classmates, Airi's group was a good example of that. It wasn't just the first years either. The same phenomenon could be observed among the upperclassmen who had managed to stabilize the relationships between their classes. They understood that everyone benefited if they cooperated.

"You're free to curse us all you want but keep cleaning."

"Huh?"

"With what right will you tell me to keep cleaning if you stop cleaning yourself?" Yukimura questioned.

"Tch. Whatever." Ishizaki abandoned his cleaning duties and left, muttering something about going to the bathroom. Yukimura bit his lip, frustrated.

"Agh, I ruined it! I just aggravated the problem," he took his hands to his head.

A chuckle from Satonaka gained everyone's attention.

"Something to add?" Yukimura asked.

Satonaka chuckled again. "Sorry, sorry. It's just that it seems our leader finally stood his ground."

"Huh?"

"Yeah," Yoshi spoke up. "This is the first time you actually defend your stance. You need to rest for the test because of the sprain in your ankle, right? That's why you're leaving your work to Kiyo, isn't it?"

So much for hiding the injury from the others.

"Eh? You have an injury?" Kikuchi seemed surprised.

"W-well, yeah," Yukimura confessed.

"Then you have to rest," Akito said, offering a smile. "Don't worry, we'll cover for you, right guys?"

"Yeah," Komiya supported. "Don't worry about Ishizaki, Kondou will talk to him, and, case closed."

"Huh? Why do I have to be the one to talk to Ishizaki?"