V8: Chapter 10 - The Long Walk

Comenzar desde el principio

Thankfully, Sotomura woke up rather quickly. He tried to get up, but I made sure he remained lying down, as sitting or standing up too quickly would be counterproductive. It was already bad enough that it came to this.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked once I made sure he looked more stable.

"Huh... A bit dizzy, I guess. But I can continue—"

"No," Eiichiro spoke bluntly. "You stop here. I prefer to be prudent and send you to the infirmary. Ryuuji and I will accompany you. The others can go."

"Are you sure, Eiichiro?" Ryouta interrogated. "We can—"

"Nah, it's okay. We don't need ten people here."

I turned towards the more exhausted students in the group.

"And you? Someone feels like fainting?"

They all denied it, assuring they were fine.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, dude, I'm just tired. I'm not gonna faint anytime soon," Ike defended himself.

The others supported Ike's statement, and after making sure none of them had symptoms of fainting or exhaustion, Eiichiro and I let them continue with the course.

Then, I turned back to Sotomura and asked him a few questions to check for symptoms and what caused him to faint.

"Did you eat well this morning?"

"I did... Well... I didn't finish my breakfast. I mean, it was good, but I was debating with Yamauchi-kun about this anime adaptation that came out last season so..."

I sighed in defeat. These Class C students were a pain.

In the end, we remained there until Sou arrived with Chabashira-sensei, and we got back to camp at 13:15. Sotomura was immediately sent to the infirmary for a check-up. He was also given food and water to hydrate. Eiichiro and I waited for him in the corridor for a while until he walked out of the infirmary.

"How are you?" asked Eiichiro. Sotomura smiled bitterly.

"Better. Although, the doctor said I shouldn't make too much effort."

"There's not much time until the exam. Will you be able to run?," I questioned.

"I'm not sure..." he answered. "Maybe I could run one kilometre but that'll make you have to run even more."

"Don't worry about it," Eiichiro assured. "We'll figure something out."

Sotomura apologised for causing trouble, and we left it at that for now.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

It was finally time for dinner. After nabbing our seats, Akito, Yukimura and I immediately started eating. Kikuchi and Minami once again went to eat with Okitani and their group of friends.

"Hey, Kiyopon, Miyacchi, can we sit here as well?"

That was Haruka's voice. When I turned around, I saw that she was accompanied by Airi. Naturally, we accepted them at our table, and they sat next to Yukimura.