"I can't leave like this. I want to apologize to him even though I know he won't forgive me. Please don't tell me to leave before it" I said in my determined voice once I was done wiping my tears. He nodded his head in understanding. 

"I know you can do it. Just be strong and don't lose your hope" he said while squeezing my hand firmly like saying he was with me. I gave him a small nod as he stood up. He patted my back before walking out of the meeting room. I stayed there in my own company thinking about ways to apologize to him. Once I felt calm I walked out of the meeting room. I walked to James who was working in the kitchen when he saw me standing beside him. He tried to walk away but I stopped him. By taking hold of his hand which made him look at me with a grim face. 

"Please listen to me for once" I pleaded, making him sign out in annoyance. But he still turned around to face me. 

"I know I should have told you sooner. I know I should have not kept you in the dark but I had no other choice. Please forgive me" I said apologetically looking into his eyes. 

"I don't think it matters to you if I forgive or not" he mocked while looking down at me. 

"It matters to me very much because you all are my only family in this big city and I don't want to take the bitterness of people who care for me with me once I leave this city for good. I want to cherish our good memories, not sour ones" I said with a faint smile on my face while looking at him. His eyes widened as he heard me. 

"You are leaving," asked me in his stunned voice. I nodded my head. 

"The head chef has already fired me and you are the first one I'm telling this to. I will go once I apologize to him" I said with the same faint pained smile on my face. His face cladded with worry as I said those words. He suddenly hugged me and the angry facade he was holding disappeared. 

"Don't leave like that," he said, still hugging. If only I had any other choice. 

"Don't worry I won't go before saying bye to you?" I said with a faint smile on my face. His face held a sad expression as he shook his head. Giving him one last smile I walked toward chef Oliver to ask where he was. 

He told me he was at his house. I waited until the day ended thinking he would show up to check his restaurant after it was his most precious possession. But he never showed up so gathering my courage I decided to go to his place. I felt very nervous and afraid at the same time. I know he doesn't want to see my face. Still fidgeting with my fingers I took the elevator to his rooftop penthouse. Standing in front of his door I kept gathering my courage. I kept biting my lower lip in anxiety until I felt a sting in my lower lip. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"You can do it, Sage," I said, muttering under my breath. I know I shouldn't be here. I should face him once his anger has lessened a little bit but I just want to see him and make sure he is ok. He is fine. I can't have a wink of sleep thinking of his well-being. I lifted my hand to ring the bell. I waited for some time and then the door finally opened. A woman stood in front of me, making my eyes widen. She was wearing an oversized shirt that looked like it didn't belong to her and her wet hair was messily tied up on her head.   

"Yes," she asked me with a smile on her face. Tears started building up in my eyes. What is a woman doing in his house? 

"Who is there?" I heard the firm voice of the head chef asking her which made the women turn a bit making me look in. I saw the head chef standing near the kitchen island wearing only his sweatpants. He looked like he had just taken a shower. His grey eyes met my teary eyes as I looked from him to her and back to him. My hands started to shake as I knew what they were doing. He glared at me with hate in his eyes and it was confirmed. 

"Some women" she replied to him as she looked back at me. "May I help you with something?" she asked with a small smile on her face with raised eyebrows. I swallowed hard before opening my mouth to speak. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you this late," I said in my apologetic voice as I saw the head chef walking toward us. Saying that I turned around and ran out of there. Tears fell freely out of my eyes. 

What was I thinking? 

He has already moved on after firing me. 

______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 48
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 87

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.