it was the 80s - pt. 2

part two

they drove for a while till they reached a house near the diner.

"are you kidnapping me or something?" she said.

"nope. changing thats it. okay? nothing else." he sighed in relief.

"what?"

"nothing. dont worry." he said getting out of the car.

they walked to the front door and he reached to open it.

the house smelled like candles and cigarettes a bit. it was a normal house, not much of a mess. but it was a bit cold, it had a lot of tension. the walls would have a lot to say if they could talk.

"vin, is that you?" said a woman's voice from the kitchen.

"yeah momma." he smiled softly walking in. "smells good in here."

"im making your favorite." she smiled. "just how nonna used to make it."

"cant wait." he said and kissed his moms head: "ma, this is rose. shes my partner from english class."

"its nice to meet you..he's right it does smell really good in here." rose smiled softly at her.

"well it should be ready in like 30ish minutes but i have to go take reggie to that movie, when im back we can eat?"

"reggie?" questioned rose.

"my little brother." he said.

"you two dont know eachother much i see?"

"i have two younger siblings. reggie, and jane."

"jane is still at ballet practice too, i gotta pick her up." sighed his mom.

"ma, i can get her you know?"

"no no! you two study or do your homework...do you want a shirt honey?"

"thats what we came for." said vinnie. "we'll be in my room...door open."

rose's cheeks flushed red at just the idea of his mom having to imagine it.

"yea." said rose just to rebuild.

"don't worry, kids." she laughed at both their faces. "ill be back, make sure the house doesn't set on fire."

"ill try." he laughed and started heading downstairs to the basement. turns out the whole basement was his room and the door was the one that lead downstairs.

"is this alright for you?" he said showing her a polo crew neck.

"s-sure." she said. he handed it to her and turned around.

"why did you turn around?"

"im giving you privacy?"

"oh..right." she said and quickly changed. "im done."

"that sweater swallows you."