|Chapter LXXXVIII: The Prodigal Sons|

"Nightwing is dead." Jason said as Liliana was standing a bit behind him and Scarecrow, dragged his preferred weapon of a scythe across the floor with a soft clanking of the chain that was held on it.

"Batman saved my toy." Liliana's eyebrows were narrowing at the sight of the scythe and if she had watched the same videos, the ones that she thought she had been supposed to watch, he was supposedly good at the swing. "The trinket of our courtship together." Scarecrow declared and Liliana's eyes shifted quickly from the weapon to Jason, then to something, a shape in the shadows. "Who would have thought that he was so... was it sentimental?"

"Did you hear me? I said that Nightwing is dead." Jason repeated the words and silently, Liliana had her escrima well in hand and ready to fight if need be to get herself and if he wanted to, Jason out of the Bat-Cave.

"So? He wasn't my monster. He is your monster, and your little pup's older brother." The unhinged maniac was laughing at the words, as if Nightwing's death had meant not a damn thing as leader of the Titans, as Liliana was shuddering. "What, you want a cookie?"

"Not a chance in fucking hell, if it's made by you." Liliana shot back and Scarecrow turned his attention to her, as Jason moved his arm in front of her and for once, Liliana didn't object to it at all.

"But you said that is exactly what you wanted. And then when it was done it all, we would save Gotham our way. It was what you told me." Jason said and he was looking in between Liliana and Scarecrow, as Scarecrow was now advancing toward them and her grips tightened around her escrima.

"Gotham will be saved, but first, it must be destroyed." Scarecrow was declaring and Jason backed up toward Liliana who spotted the tension as she recognized the look, the look that had "I need to leave, now" written all over his face. "As clever hopes expire waves of fear and anger circulate over the bright and darkened lands of the Earth"

"What the fuck kind of gibberish is that?" Jason asked coldly and Liliana was moving slightly backward, as she grabbed onto one of his arms and he kept his eyes on Scarecrow, while he slowly backed up.

"No, not gibberish. No, it's the past that has come to life in the present day." Jason's eyes went to the corpse on the table, as Liliana continued to step back and try to bring him with her. "An ode to the Bat and his wee Bird from when together, they both stopped me for the first time." That was what occurred to Liliana. "But they can't stop me now. No. They can't stop me now because, because we will walk among them." He had officially gone as Hank would have put it "Batshit crazy" and Liliana was nearly at the door.

"Jason." She said quietly and Jason looked at Scarecrow, before he looked back at her and went back to their clearly unhinged Scarecrow.

"Who will die?"

"ALL OF THEM!" Scarecrow shouted and Jason stepped back a bit, as they'd be backing toward the door. "You still stink of fear. Even after all that I have given you."

"Fear may be tough to deal with and it may drive some people mad, but fears are what makes us human. If you just take away fear, flaws, emotions... that will just make the normal humans fight that much harder." Liliana warned and Scarecrow had his back turned to them. "We are human beings and emotions don't make us weak, they make us different." She said quietly and Crane scoffed.