|Chapter XIX: Goodbyes Fucking Suck|

Liliana walked around her room, packing her stuff up into a duffel bag and a laptop bag. She tilted her head slightly and one of her escrima was in her hands as a habit, the second that she felt someone's eyes on her. She whipped the escrima into the direction of the door and Jason caught the weapon, as his hand flew nearly too fast to be seen and he caught it just before it hit him in the forehead. "Hey." Liliana said and Jason lowered the hand with the weapon in it, as he walked into her room and held it out to her. Liliana knew why he was there and it sucked, but she didn't really feel like she had a choice in the matter.

"Do you really have to fucking leave now?" Jason asked and Liliana took the weapon from him, as she tucked it into the waistband of her pants along with the other one, as she looked at him with worry in her eyes and Jason sighed at the look, knowing that it wasn't easy for her either and he opened his arms for a hug that she walked into as soon as she spotted it. "I know, I know, I'm just being stupid and all that fucking clingy shit." He muttered and she moved her arms around him to return the hug.

"You aren't being stupid at all, Jason." Liliana murmured quietly and she sighed, as she was resting her head against his chest, listening to his familiar heartbeat and unfortunately for her, she was already second-guessing herself and her decision to leave. "You know that I am really sorry Jase, but I have to find my brother again. This is about more than just a grudge against Bruce now... He thinks that I am dead, for fuck's sake. He hasn't been home, he refuses to pick up his phone when I call him... Sorry Robin, but I have to go. Do you understand why?" She asked as he was looking down at her, as her eyes moved up to meet his with the question in her eyes and he grunted reluctantly.

"He is your family. Family is everything or some sappy shit, right?" Jason confirmed and Liliana chuckled at his words, as she smirked and nodded. Jason rested his chin on the top of her head and Liliana exhaled softly. "I'm gonna miss you." Jason admitted and Liliana smiled a little, as she sighed.

"I'm going to miss you too, Jase. You know that." Liliana reminded him and Jason nodded slightly and he kissed the top of her head, as she shook her head. "But yeah, something like that about the family thing. But you know that I'll be back, Jason. After all, I did promise that I would be and you know my rule about that sort of stuff." Liliana reminded him again and Jason was smiling a little bit, as he looked at her arm and Liliana raised her eyebrows at him, as she moved her arm away and she knew what he was looking at.

"Yeah, whatever Eagle. I can still track you from the Bat-Cave, keep an eye on your vitals and all that." Jason reminded her and Liliana lifted her shoulders in a small shrug, seeming totally cool with it and Jason sighed. "Does anything even remotely rattle you anymore?" He asked and her eyes darkened slightly with pain at the questions, and he looked down. "Sorry."

"Doesn't matter anymore." Liliana said and she moved her finger over the area where she knew that her tracker was resting and Jason looked at her. "Damn it, now you have got me wanting to just give up finding him and stay." She complained and Jason cracked a smile.

"Then just stay here. Please?" Jason almost sounded like he was pleading and Liliana looked at him with pain and sympathy, as she recognized the tone in his voice and she lowered her arms a bit, as a lump was beginning to form in her throat. "Please? Robin and the Eagle are unbeatable, I won't have anybody to watch my back." He insisted and Liliana shook her head a little bit.

"You have Bruce, Barbara, Victoria if you call her--"

"It isn't the same and you know it." Jason interrupted and Liliana sighed, dropping her head a bit and she felt pain rolling around inside of her and she silently fought to keep it down, away from the surface and she shook her head at him.

"I'm sorry. But I have to go." Liliana's voice was shaking slightly, but it was mostly steady and Jason nodded slightly and she felt his arms around her again. "Goodbyes fucking suck." She'd whisper and Jason chuckled, but Liliana heard the crack of pain in his voice.

"They really do." He murmured softly and he moved his head around to kiss her temple, as she sighed.

"If you need me-"

"If you need me-"

They spoke at the same time and laughed a little bit, as they nodded.

"Then call me."

"Then call me."

Liliana nodded, as she turned back toward packing her stuff. "Bye Jason." She said.

"See you Lil." Was the answer that she was expecting and also, was the answer that she got as she smiled faintly and finished loading up her stuff, as she held her suitcase with the Eagle suit in one hand, slung her duffel bag across her body and had her computer bag in the other.

"Bye Alfred. Bye Barbara." Liliana murmured as the two that she really wanted to see, were right there at the airport to see her off and they smiled at her, as they each took a turn hugging her and she sighed. "No Bruce?" She questioned and with nearly identically sad expressions on their faces, they each shook their heads and she nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry about your dad, Barbara." She murmured and Barbara Gordon nodded slightly and they hugged once again.

"Just get your ass on the plane before I throw you into it." Barbara barked and Liliana laughed a bit at her and Liliana sighed once again, before she looked at Barbara with a question in her eyes and Barbara laughed. "I'll watch his back, I promise. Now get in." Barbara stated and Liliana nodded slightly, as she walked onto the plane and it whipped off down the runway and flew off into the sky, as Liliana leaned back to enjoy the ride and she got hot chocolates by the quadruple since no one was there to tell her "No" for once.