Chapter 21 Crying and making out

They had just finished making and eating dinner, now, Sun and Monty laid on the older's bed, both already under the covers, in their pijamas. They were seeing a horror much against the taller's better judgement. The lights were all out, Sun has a green glow stick around their neck and held tightly onto the bassist's arm, hidding their face when the jumpscares appeared. Currently, they had their face butried in the alligator's arm, has there was a particular terrifying scene.

Monty: Are you alright, love?- they asked now looking at the other.

Sun: Nope. I don't like this movie.- the older stopped the movie before speaking.

Monty: Do you want to see something else? Or do something else?

Sun: Monty it's almost 1 am, I think we should sleep...- the smaller closed the laptop and put it on the nightstand, before laying down on the bed, the daycare attendant doing so has well.

Monty: Alright... You want to cuddle?- they asked looking at him.

Sun: Yup...- he replied going closer to them, the older hugging the other's body, Sunrise nuseling against their neck, his arms wrapping around them- I love you...- they said in a sleepy tone.

Monty: I love you two Sunny.- they replied has they drifted off to sleep.

**
It was around 2 am when Sun jolted awake from their nightmare. Yet another one of their dreams had been tainted by the memories of that bus drive. Sunrise tried to sleep, after apologizing for waking Moon up, the glow stick was still glowing, that was the only reason Sun was up isnted of them. They tried to take deep breaths and calm themselves down, trying their best to keep off the spiral of intrusive thoughts that invaded their mind. Moon panicked, not being able to reach Sun, has the taller slowly slipped off the bassist's embrace, tears rolling down his face, has they silently cried. They moved over to their bag, taking away their first aid kit and some cutting tools they used to do arts and crafts. Then they silently walked to the bathroom and closed the door, giving into the intrusive thoughts and doing what they were telling them.
They cried harder once they got back to reality, realizing what they just had done, waking up the gator in the process. Monty laid there, trying to think of the best way to react, figuring they should stay put and wait till the taller came back. When they did they looked miserable, looking down on the ground has they slowly made their way to the bed, arms wrapped in bandages, that's when they heard his voice.

Monty: Are you alright my love?- they asked, the taller looking at them holding on tears has they sat on the corner of the bed.

Sun: I am... Go back to sleep.- he replied, his back still to their partner, Monty making their way over to them, putting a hand on their shoulder.

Monty: Sun, be honest.

Sun: You don't know how hard that is.... You're struggling enough with not drinking, I don't want to burden you with my thoughts.- they said sniffling, the older seating besides them.

Monty: You don't burden me.... You can tell anything... Specially if it's bothering you.- he stated, holding onto the taller's right hand.

Sun: It's just... That night again... I-... I keep having nightmares about it and it's just... I don't know I'm scared you do it to me. I know you wouldn't but... I can't shake off the feeling.- they stated, refusing to look at the other, their eyes watering once again.

Monty: It's because of my drinking problem isn't it?- they asked, holding on to the taller's other hand with his.

Sun: Yeah...

Monty: Listen I... I quit drinking. I don't know what else I could do to help you either then that...

Sun: It's not a you problem... It's me.... I love you but this intrusive thoughts don't care about that or reasoning.... I just gotta, talk with Chica or Roxy about this... They have been helping me so far and I think they could help a bit with this to...