Suddenly, you feel someone bump into you, knocking you to the floor.

"Ack! Hey! Don't you know how to look where you're--Ah!" A familiar voice calls out to you, less than a foot away from your face.

"Kou? Ah, I apologize... I wasn't paying attention."

"N-No! I... It's fine! Don't worry I totally don't mind at all....! A-Actually, I think it was my fault in the first place! Ha-ha, I'm such a klutz..." Kou rambled, face flushed from your close proximity.

"Are you sure...? You're awfully red. Did you hurt yourself?" You reach out to his face in worry.

Kou jumps back from you, raising an arm up to his face in a defensive manner. His face grew redder and he began to sweat a bit.

"No! I'm fine, Senpai! No need to worry about me!"

Oblivious to his odd behavior, you begin to stand up.

"Here!" An unfamiliar hand reaches out to you, the owner of it was a brown-haired boy with a wide smile.

You take it gratefully, mirroring the boy's smile.

"You must be a close friend of Kou's! My name is Yokoo Shun, and this is Satou Yomogi! We're Kou's friends."

Yokoo points to another boy with dark brown hair, he looks at you with a more serious gaze, handing you your bag that you dropped on the impact.

"Oh, thank you! I'm L/N F/N, a first-year in high school. It's nice to meet you!"
You introduced yourself, giving the two boys one of your brightest smiles.

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

After your brief introduction, you were invited by Kou to join the three boys. Despite your sudden intrusion, they welcomed you politely.

"Hey, have you heard? They say it's been appearing at the junior high entrance lately."

"They say it's a ghost! An evil spirit."You listen intently to Yokoo's words, sneaking glances at Kou to see if he's intrigued as well. 

The four of you stop at the lockers, Yokoo continued to relay the rumor to you while changing his shoes.

"They say it grabs your arm while you're changing shoes, and it says..."

You flinch, feeling the atmosphere around you change drastically. An all too familiar chill runs up your spine and you instinctively step closer to Kou, ready to protect him.

"Hey... Whoa! Knock it off, Satou!" Yokko yelled, shoving his confused friend's shoulder.

"Huh? I didn't do anything." Satou replied. Both of the boys looked towards you, or rather the boy beside you, Kou.

"Have you forgotten me?"

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"There you are! Take this!" Kou yelled, throwing the apparition into the nearby lockers.

At this point, the other two schoolboys were long gone. After seeing the aspiration, they instantly ran off in fear.

"The rumors were right on the money, evil spirit." Kou stated, slamming his foot into the locker beside the apparitions head.

He stood in front of you, blocking your view of the apparition he cornered. Leaning a little to the right, you automatically make eye contact with the boy.

His hair was a soft pink; it matched his eyes too. He wore a school uniform as well. The pink sweater he wore over the uniform catches your eye first.

"A school uniform? Were you a student here as well?" You asked politely, placing a finger on your chin in thought.

The pink-haired boy continues to look up at you in shock, slightly calming once hearing your voice but tensing up again once meeting the gaze of Kou.

"Y/N-Senpai... Will you hold him down for me?"

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━