"Everyone leaves us alone," I said, in my firm commanding voice, making everyone stand up and get out without saying a word. Erick stood up from his place as I took threatening steps toward him with a closed fist. He was about to say something but before he could I lifted my hand and punched him hard. Before he could recover from it I punched him again hard. He grunted at the hit but didn't stop me. I grabbed him with his collar masking him and looked at me as his hand was wiping the blood dripping from his lip. 

"Why did you do this? Why did you hide it from me" I asked him in a demanding voice looking straight into his blue eyes. 

"Why," I asked in the same voice, pulling his collar more in anger.  He moved his jaw as his tongue licked the blood with a twisted look on his face. I knew his jaw must be hurting like hell and he deserves it. He lifted his hands and yanked his collar out of my grip while still looking into my eyes. 

"I'm no one to tell you her truth to you if she doesn't want to. I was doing what a friend should do," he said in his firm voice as he looked back into my eyes without any guilt in his eyes. 

"So you would have never told me the truth if she didn't" I demanded the answer in my firm voice. He looked at me with his hard blue eyes, his eyes moving all over my face. His blue eyes were trying to find something in my eyes as I glared at him. He then pinched his nose bridge and opened and closed his eyes while averting his eyes away from me. He exhaled loudly while looking back at me with both hands on his waist. 

"I wanted to tell you first but Sage had her reasons for disguising as a man. She was going to leave this job once her internship was over and go back to her hometown. No one would have known anything" he said in a firm voice while looking straight into my eyes. His words made my eyes widen in surprise. 

"So she was going to leave me once her internship was over" I repeated his words in bitterness. So indeed everything was just a game for her that she was playing for her benefit. 

"She had her reason. Don't take this in the wrong direction" Erick defended her, making me angrier. 

"I will take it, however, I want to. You don't tell me" I taunted him in my firm voice making him glare at me. 

"Why does it affect you if I take it in the wrong way? Why are you defending her? And don't give me this friendship bullshit " I asked in my demanding voice, making his face snap towards me. He glared at me and my doubts started to solidify. 

"You have feelings for him don't you," it was more of a statement than a question. He kept glaring at me, not opening his mouth. Every passing second was making me go crazy in my head. I felt like my heart was getting squeezed hard as he kept being silent. 

"No, she is my friend and nothing else. I already have a fiance and I'm soon going to get engaged to her" he said with a firm voice with a stern face making bitterness spread in my mouth. Even if he was trying hard to not let it come on his face it was written on his face that he had feelings for Sage more than a friend has. It was enough to answer all my questions. I gave him a tight smile with a clenched jaw. He kept looking at me with a still defensive look on his face. Without saying another word I turned around and walked out. 

"Xanthus, listen to me" I heard Erick trying to stop me but my feet didn't halt. I have to get what I had come for. Everything was clear now. I went directly to the bar. I wanted to be alone. I didn't want to see anyone now. I just wanted to disappear from this world. And the only escape, for now, was in the bottles of alcohol. I drank until I could lessen the pain I felt in my heart. I was to extinguish the burning fire in my chest but it kept on increasing the more I dream. I grabbed the bottle to pour more brown translucent liquid into my glass but I saw her smiling face in it. I closed my eyes and groaned to make her go away but her smiling face flashed again in front of my eyes, making the burning sensation in my whole body increase more the next thing I knew I had smashed the bottle on the floor. The music stopped and everyone looked at me with wide eyes. I stood up with a flaring nose breathing out fire. I just wanted to get drunk and forget everything but she was making everything hard for me. I drove back home. 

"Pick up pick up. Stop making me so worried" I heard a familiar anxious voice coming which made me look up. And there was my reason for sorrow. She was sitting on my front porch biting her nails with a worried look on her face and a cell phone pressed to her ear. Anger builds up in me but I decide to ignore her and walk-in. She immediately stood up hearing my steps. I tried to walk in but she stood in front of me. 

"Get lost," I said in my firm angry voice trying to open my door again but she kept standing in front of me. 

"Please listen to me" she whispered those words looking at me with her swollen eyes. 

"I didn't want to deceive you from bingeing but I didn't have a choice. I first did it for money because it was the only choice left in front of me. Then after that, I started liking working at Vilian's, and then she said those words with her lower eyes but in the end, she lifted her eyes and looked at me. 

"I started liking you. I became selfish. I thought you would fire me if I told you I was a woman," she said in her guiltily filled with teary eyes. A tear slipped out of her left eye. His deceiving innocent face, her eyes, and her lips were everything that was making me go mad. I couldn't decide what I should do for her. If I keep looking at her I will go insane. I tried to walk in but she again stopped me now completely standing in front of the door. I lifted my hand and pinned her to the door making a gasp leave her mouth. I just couldn't hold my bottled-up emotion anymore. I wanted to do things to her to make her feel my pain. Her truth was still such a hard blow for me. 

"Tell me you didn't deceive me. Tell me you didn't deceive me for a day or two but months. Tell me" I screeched at her in my defeated voice still pinning her to the door. My ears were dying to hear the words where she told me everything was not true. I just wanted everything to turn out to be my nightmare which ends once I open my eyes. More tears fell out of her eyes as she tried to answer me. 

"Tell me you are not a girl. I won't be angry at you anymore if you tell me the truth. Tell me this is just a misunderstanding. How can two people who like each other deceive each other?" I yelled looking at her silence which was cutting my heart in two. 

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" she apologised to me as tears freely fell out of her eyes. 

"So it's true you decided me isn't it" I whispered these words in my defeated voice as my heart was now sliced up completely. 

"I'm sorry" she repeated those meaningless words which were unheard by my ears. I didn't want to hear anything now that I was done with it. I moved her out of my way while whispering those words again to make me believe them. 

"She deceived me" 

______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Read in Early access tier 1
Hate War complete book
Flames of Lie complete.
Ashes of a Lie Chapter 44
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 81

Early access tier 2
All the above books &
New book The Bride of Last Dragon.

Early access tier 3
All the above books and The Litte Bride 5 chapters every week.

For more information go to my Patreon page.

Search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I need your support guys.

Now me Bluedragon95 sign off we will meet guys at the next update. Till then have fun guys, and be safe.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share and don't forget to follow me, guys.