Never Give Up

Everything struck black as he made contact with the ground.

-Tanjiro's Mind-
"Sorry."
"Sorry, everyone."
"Sorry, Nezuko."
"Sorry..."

Tanjiro awoke standing up in the forest near his house. Nezuko's voice was heard saying, "Don't apologize, Nii-chan." He looked right at Nezuko who looked a bit concerned but calm. She adds, "Nii-chan, why are you always apologizing? If we're poor, does that make us unhappy? If we can't wear pretty kimonos, should people pity us? Are you so determined to blame someone? You think it was our father's fault for dying of illness? He tried as hard as he could, and it wasn't enough, so we just have to accept that! We're humans, after all, so none of us can expect everything to go our way. Whether you're unhappy or not is up to you. The important this is now." The wind picked while Nezuko's hair was undone to her long hair. She continues, "The important thing is now. Let's just look ahead. Let's try hard together! Let's fight! Stop apologizing!" She also returned to her demonic state and finishes off, "You of all people should understand! I want you to understand how I feel!"

-Real World-
Tanjiro woke up with a gasp and with some heavy breaths. He said to himself while getting up, "Was that a dream about the past? Huh? Where am I? I..." Tanjiro observed his surroundings and saw that it was an absolute wasteland. Broken houses, fires, carriages, and smoke were everywhere in sight. The fire raged on as Tanjiro thought, "This is awful. I can't believe it ended up like this. We're the people who live here able to escape?" He realized something very important. "Huh? Where is Nezuko?" He began to feel around for her presence and breathe in a sigh of relief as she was just by him. "She's still alive. Thank God," Tanjiro said. He was about to get up but Gyutaro kneeled in front of him looking down in annoyance. He asks, "What's this? You're still alive?" Tanjiro gasped at the sight in front of him as Gyutaro continues, "You're one lucky guy, huh? Well, not that you have anything going for you except for being lucky." Daki watched the encounter from afar on a roof with a smile. Gyutaro got close to his face and says, "I feel sorry for you! Everyone but you is probably done for! A single thrust to that boar's heart. That towheaded boy's trapped under the rubble, and he's flailing, so I'm just going to leave him there until he does. Squirming like an insect... How disgraceful is that! And how weak was that Hashira! All he had was bluster! The poison got to him, stopping his heart, and now he's dead! It's all over for him! So disgraceful! So disgraceful! You four are truly disgraceful! I guess taking out Upper 3 was all luck for you. You're just so damn disgraceful! You're so disgraceful that you're in another league! The one sticking out in the box we found earlier is a relative, right? I can tell that she's closely related to you even if she's a demon now. Is she your sister or younger sister?" Tanjiro was now in fear. He was scared of what they possibly did to Nezuko while he was out. He thought, "Why won't he kill me? What is this? What did they do to Nezuko? My arm's gone numb. I barely have any strength. Even if I went for his head now, I wouldn't be able to slash it." Tanjiro whispers loud enough for him to hear, "Nezuko... is my younger sister." Gyutaro began to laugh and said, "Just as I thought! You are a disgrace! You're not protecting your little sister at all!" Tanjiro began to get angry at his insults. He planted his scythe in the ground and continue, "Well, I guess it can't be helped. Since you're a human and your sister's a demon. Of course, you're weaker than your demon sister. Even so, what a disgrace! If you're her big bro, instead of being protected by your little sister, you should be protecting her! Devotedly. With this hand, see?" Gyutaro grabs Tanjiro's index and muffler finger while laughing even more maniacally. Tanjiro lets out a scream but ends as soon as it started. Gyutaro laughs at his state while Tanjiro groans. He began to slap his head while saying, "Hey, listen! How do you feel now? Being the only one to survive so disgracefully! That little sister you rely on survives with nothing but luck, like her brother! Hey, worm! Dimwit! Sad sack! Coward! Good-for-nothing! Why were you even born, huh?" While saying those insults, Gyutaro grabbed Tanjiro's hair and waved his head back and forth. He asks, "What are you gonna do? With your weak sauce, battered, disgraceful human body! Let's see you cut off my head! Come on! Come on! Come on!" Everything went silent after Gyutaro's final yell. Tanjiro grits his teeth and immediately makes his way toward Nezuko. Gyutaro watched his final attempt at living go down in the dumps. Daki and Gyutaro laugh as Tanjiro finally reach Nezuko's location. He picks the box up and runs down a path as Gyutaro yells, "I see! Your soul got crushed at the last minute, huh? How disgraceful are you! You're disgraceful as all get-out!"
Tanjiro keeps up with his dash down the path but was kicked down by Gyutaro. Tanjiro slammed through a flaming building and into an open space. He got up and ran again as Gyutaro walked toward him at a slow pace. Tanjiro dropped to the ground in exhaustion and watched as Gyutaro got closer. In a last-ditch effort, Tanjiro threw small debris and bags at him that proved useless. Tanjiro was kicked into the air followed by blood spurting out of his mouth. Tanjiro never took this much of a beating in such a long time. He forgot what pain was. He forgot how it felt but drill felt excited. Gyutaro kneeled at the pathetic boy's state and said, "As disgraceful as you are, I don't dislike you. Because I like anything that's pathetic, disgraceful and filthy! (A/N: If any mention of Tanjiro having a scar was in earlier chapters, please know that any mention of it will be removed.) I know! Why don't you become a demon, too? For your little sister's sake, as well! That's it! That's it! What a great idea! If you become a demon, I'll spare your life! Because we'll be friends! Otherwise, I'll slaughter your sister, too. Since I really didn't give a crap about other people's little sisters." Daki yelled from afar, "No way! You'd better not, Nii-chan! I'm so not on board with that, all right?" Gyutaro continues, "If you become a demon, you'll become stronger, just like that! You can kiss that defective physical body goodbye! Hey! Hey! What's it gonna be?" Tanjiro grits his teeth and lifts his head in the air. Gyutaro laughs and asked, "Your own weakness makes you bitter, doesn't it? When humans grieve, they look up to the sky. You know, so their tears don't overflow." Tanjiro slowly says, "I... I... I was waiting for this moment!" He delivers a huge headbutt to Gyutaro while he thought, "A last-ditch head-butt, huh? That had zero effect on me!" Gyutaro kept falling while his vision got a little blurry. He thought with a daze and confusion, "M-M-My body won't..." Daki again yelled, "Nii-chan, what are you doing? Get on your feet!" Gyutaro thought, "Something's wrong! What's going on? Something's wrong! It was nothing but a lame human head-butt!" Gyutaro noticed a kunai jabbed into his left knee. He thought, "A kunai? I got stabbed when he head-butted me! This brat was pretending to run away when he was really going for this kunai! Scattering the Courtesans' sachets along with the rubble to cover up the scent of the Kunai's poison! Damn you! Damn you! You're a weakling! A stinking human! Look how beat-up you are after I rubbed my superior strength in your face! Why won't you give up when you're on your own? Why won't you cave in? The will to bring me down... Why is it so unswerving?" Tanjiro raised his blade into the air and slammed it on Gyutaro's neck. Tanjiro let out a scream of the ages that could rival even his ape form.

Chapter 80: End.

-Saiyan History-
Yamoshi is a Saiyan who was the first of all Saiyans to transform into the Super Saiyan. When he died, his spirit was in search of six pure-hearted Saiyans to create the first Super Saiyan God.

Another way of gaining another transformation was by merging the great ape form and the Super Saiyan form to create an even better form that could probably rival even Muzan himself, but it's rumoured that one would have to go through two grades of Super Saiyan to achieve it

1,513 words in total.