Flaming Thunder God

"He moves like a completely different person!!"

- Kaigaku's Memory (Pre-demon) -
"It is not shameful to kneel before someone with overwhelming strength. As long as you live, it will work out somehow. Until you die, you haven't lost. You may rub your face in the dirt... You may lose your home or drink muddy water... People may curse you for stealing money... But as long as you live on...you can win someday. You will win. I have moved forward with that belief."

Upper-Moon One slices his hand open while saying, "Do you want...to become a greater demon...for greater strength?" Blood then pours from his fist and reaches out to a bowing Kaigaku, while saying, "If his lordship...recognizes you...you too will become...one of his." Kaigaku looked up and immediately cupped his hands and reached out to him. Upper One adds, "To become a demon...it takes more time... If you are a stronger swordsman. It took me three days. To turn someone who can use breathing techniques into a demon...they must receive...a great deal of blood from his lordship. And rarely...there are some whose constitution...does not allow them to become a demon...but what about you? That is blood to be grateful for. You must not spill even a single drop. If you do..." Great pressure was cast around the area with Kaigaku shivering at his next words, "...your head will fall from your body like tears." Kaigaku begins to down all the blood in his hands.

"That fear...like the cells throughout my body...screaming and bursting into tears."

- Back with the Battle -
"Compared to that...this small fry is nothing much. He may have gained some strength, but he cannot match an Upper Rank. Zenitsu Agatsuma is worthless. Always sobbing...without any dignity or perseverance. That rotten old man foolishly said this scum and I would be successors together!!"

Kaigaku positions his blade in front of him while screaming, "It's only natural that you should die!! That old man and you!!" Kaigaku rushed at Zenitsu while using,

"Thunder Breathing, Second Form: Rice Spirit!"

Zenitsu blocks the attack but Kaigaku kept up with the attacks. He then ended up somewhere behind Zenitsu while thinking, "Five successive attacks in one breath and the blink of an eye!" Zenitsu yelled, "You've eaten so many people! You already can't tell the difference between good and evil!" Kaigaku looks back and yells, "But I do know the difference!" He charged at Zenitsu and uses,

"Third Form: Thunder Swarm!"

Kaigaku circled Zenitsu many tunes while inflicting damage upon him. He also yelled, "Those who correctly evaluate me and know my worth are good!!" Zenitsu had new blood splatters on his body but thought, "A wave-form attack whole spinning?" Kaigaku continued, "Those who have a low estimation of me are evil!!" He then used,

"Fifth Form: Heat Lightning!"

Zenitsu was knocked into the air and had cracks on his skin from the attacks. He then remembered the time training alongside Kaigaku under Jigoro. Kaigaku asks, "How's the sharpness of my blade infused with Blood Demon Art?! An attack that slashes and burns flesh!" Kaigaku again used another attack,

"Thunder Breathing, Sixth Form: Rumble and Flash!"

Zenitsu was slashed around his body many more times with Kaigaku showboating his new demon abilities, "Any slash attacker you take will continue to rend your flesh! My power burns into your eyes and body! I became a demon and surpassed Thunder Breathing!!" Zenitsu begins to fall and crash through a door. Kaigaku yells, "I am special! I'm different from you! I'm not like you at all!!" Zenitsu remembers what Jigoro said,

"Learn from Kaigaku's example! Be like your senior apprentice!!"

- Zenitsu's Mind -
"In Thunder Breathing, the First Form is the foundation for all the forms, right? If you can't use the First Form, then... You know? Nonetheless, Kaigaku is arrogant! He cannot become a Hashira. He'll probably die soon anyway."

A guy, who held up another Slayer, asks, "What did you do that for?!"

Kaigaku asked, "I heard that you hit a higher-ranking guy? Don't cause problems! It's embarrassing that you're even here!"

"I...can fully understand why you hated me. After all, I hated you too. But I respected you from the bottom of my heart. You worked so hard. I was always looking at your back. You were special. To Ojii-san and me, you were a special and important person. But that wasn't enough. You were never satisfied. The box in your heart that contains happiness has a hole in it. Happiness is constantly spilling out. If you don't notice that hole and plug it...you'll never be satisfied. I'm sorry, Jii-san. Our paths have diverged."

- With the Falling Zenitsu -
Zenitsu flips his body backward and catches himself on a ledge. Kaigaku thought, "He still has strength left..." Zenitsu mentally said, "I'm sorry...Kaigaku." Zenitsu lunged at Kaigaku at full force while using,

"Thunder Breathing, Seventh Form: Honoikazuchi no Kami! (Flaming Thunder God)"

When Zenitsu slashed Kaigaku's head, a yellow-like thunder dragon appears but disappears when Zenitsu begins to fall. Kaigaku chokes and begins to fall with Zenitsu. He thought, "I... I didn't see that!! Was that technique?! It was so can't! It was a form I don't know. What did he use?!" Kaigaku then yells, "Curses! curses! I knew it! That old man favoured you!! He only taught you! He didn't teach me!" Zenitsu softly explains, "No. He wasn't that kind of person. This is my form. I created it, so it's all mine. With this technique...I wanted to fight you as an equal!"

Chapter 123: End

- A Little Secret -
The Seventh Form could be a symbolization of Zenitsu's friendship with Tanjiro and Inosuke as the naming of this form is closely tied to the Hinokami Kagura Tanjiro uses, while the dragon could be a reference to Inosuke's animalistic behaviour and Breathing Style.

997 words in total.