Tonight

"Something big is going to happen."

-A Day Later-
Inosuke says, "I... Told... You! There's a demon at my House, all right?" Zenitsu says, "Well..." Inosuke adds, "I'm telling you, it was a thing like this! You know, like this!" Zenitsu was beyond words at Inosuke's display. He again adds, "Like this? Do you get this, then?" Zenitsu says, "Uzui-san and Tanjiro should be coming soon to check in, so-" Inosuke yells, "It was like this, okay? It was clear to me!" Zenitsu says, "Yeah, yeah." From out of nowhere, Tengen said, "Tanjiro won't be coming." The two looked at him while Inosuke thought, "This guy's got mad skills! He didn't make a sound. Not even the slightest puff of wind." Zenitsu asked, "'Tanjiro won't be coming.' What do you mean by that?" Tengen says, "I feel bad about putting you through this. I wanted to... rescue my wives so badly, I made some bad decisions. As it stands, Tanjiro is missing. There's been no contact since last night. You two should leave now. You're ranked too low for this. If the demon here turns out to be an Upper Rank, you couldn't handle it. If you vanish from here, they'll assume that you're dead." Tengen stood up and finished, "I'll be continuing this mission on my own." Zenitsu was about to say something but left it in. Tengen then took off in a blink of an eye. Inosuke shouts, "Come back here, old man!" Zenitsu says, "You think he can't trust us because we're the lowest-ranked?" Inosuke says, "Hey, our rank is Kanoe. We've already moved up. Do you remember all the rankings? Remember how we used to be Mizunoto at the very bottom? Now we're both from the bottom, Kanoe! Ready? Watch this. Show me my ranking." Inosuke gripped his fist and revealed a kanji 'Kanoe'. Inosuke asks, "How do you like that?l Zenitsu asked himself, "What was that?" Inosuke asks, "Huh? They fiddled with your arm at the Wisteria Mountain, didn't they?" Zenitsu says, "Now that you mention it, I do remember them fiddling with it." Inosuke explains, "It's called 'Wisteria Flower Engraving', and you say that phrase and flex your muscles to invoke it." Zenitsu looked at his hand and said, "I didn't know that." Inosuke says, "It's a sign that you're a Demon Slayer." Zenitsu sighed but then said, "Wait! We don't have time for this! Sorry! As soon as night falls, I'll head over to your Ogimoto House! So wait for me until then. It'd be dangerous to make a move on your own!" Inosuke yells, "Why would I do that?" Zenitsu says, "I'll be done investigating my own House today!" Inosuke pinches Zenitsu's cheeks and screams, "I told you, the demon's at my house, so you'd better come with me now! How stupid are you, anyway? For crying out loud!" Someone from under their roof said, "Would they shut up?" Zenitsu yelled, "That's not what I meant!" Inosuke began to slap Zenitsu as Zenitsu says, "Uzui was trolling outside Houses during the night, right? Ouch, ouch, ouch! Even still, Tanjiro disappeared! And the demon at your place is nowhere to be seen right now! Hey! Could you stop smacking me around, you stupid boar?" Inosuke stopped what he was doing. He yelled, "Huh? What did you call me?" Zenitsu did not say what he called him but just said, "I think there must be a passageway inside the building!" Inosuke calmed down and asked, "Passageway?" Zenitsu says, "That's right. And since it's not coming in and out... there's a good chance that the demon is working on the inside. If the demon's working in the House... and cleverly disguising itself as a human... then it'd be all the more careful about killing people to make sure that its cover won't be blown." Inosuke got into a thinking position and says, "I get it. Cleaning up after a murder would be a hassle. And wiping away bloodstains would be a chore." Zenitsu looked toward his left and said, "This is a nightlife district. It can be convenient for demons in more ways than one, but also just be as inconvenient for them. They have to work at night. It would seem suspicious if they weren't around." "You're right," says Inosuke. Zenitsu adds, "I think that not only Tanjiro but, Uzui-san's wives, as well, are all still alive! I'm going to take action with that in mind. I'm going to rescue them, no matter what! I want to take action with that in mind, too. And no matter what... I don't want you to die. Are you okay with that?" (A/N: Chad Zenitsu) Inosuke patted his knee and smirked while saying, "Everything you just said... is what I was about to say myself!"

-Small Time Skip-
"Oiran... We've brought you your tea," said the first girl. Oiran thanked her, "Thank you. I can do the rest myself, so go on and have your dinner." The first girl stood up and said, "All right!" The two took off while saying, "We'll be going on ahead, then!" "Pardon us!" Right after leaving the room, they peek in on Oiran with a giggle. The first girl said, "I love you, Koinatsu Oiran!" The second followed behind, "I love you, too!" Oiran smiles and says, "Yes! I love you right back! Now that we're clear, go on, okay?" They both, at the same time, say, "Right!" The first stood up and said, "Didn't Oiran look really happy?" "Didn't she?" They both then took off to eat, leaving Oiran alone in the room. Oiran looked at her mirror and whispered, "Oh, those girls..." Tanjiro said from out of nowhere, "Miss Oiran..." (A/N: Yes Tanjiro managed to escape trouble from the house he was in.) Koinatsu Oiran looked behind her and saw an unfamiliar face. She asked, "W-Who are you?" Tanjiro says, "That's not important right now. Forgive me for being so rude. I am here on behalf of my friend, who you call Zenko. He said he is leaving the Tokito house. Could you please give your Master his payment?" Tanjiro places an envelope full of money to pay for Zenitsu. Oiran says, "And where is Zenko now?" Tanjiro says, "Zenko is with my other friend. Zenko isn't actually his name, his name is Zenitsu and he's a guy." She says, "Oh, I already knew that! It was obvious at a glance. And his voice... I knew he was a boy from the start. I did wonder what you were up to, but... You have your reason, don't you? Since your Zenko's friend, I'm also assuming that you're worried for Suma, right?" Tanjiro confirms, "Yes. We both are here on a mission but I won't explain any further. I promise you this, we'll rescue everyone who vanished!" Oiran says, "Thank you. That sets my mind at ease a bit." Tanjiro says, "Now then, I'll be off. I wish you every happiness." Oiran was a bit startled at the boy but still carried on because of his politeness at the start. She says, "Thank you. You, too. And I'm counting on you to save Suma-chan." Tanjiro left while Oiran looked back at her mirror. Obi sashes floated throughout the room before Oiran asks, "Did you forget something?" There stood Daki starting down at Oiran while saying, "That's right. I need to devour you before I forget. Since tonight's your last night here. Right, Koinatsu?" Koinatsu lightly gasped before being enveloped by the sashes.
Tanjiro was flying back toward the Kyogoku house.
While flying, he thought, "Not good! The sun's almost set completely. I gotta get to the house fast." Tanjiro gasped while stopping his flight. He thought, "There's a scent. A sweet smell. It's faint. It's a demon! It's the scent of a demon! It's nearby! No way!"

Chapter 69: End.

-A Little Secret-
Tanjiro managed to escape trouble from the house and Daki.

1,335 words in total.